BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16/10/2012 9:10 AM  #1

Tonight

With footie on the box and a big game on Saturday, I can't decide whether to go tonight.

What sort of team will we put out? How important is the Red Insure Cup?

Thoughts go back to the team of youngsters we put out against Supermarine where we got beat 1-8 at home I think.

Don't think I can cope with another night like that!

What do you think Rudgies plan will be tonight?

16/10/2012 9:40 AM  #2

Re: Tonight

silver wrote:

With footie on the box and a big game on Saturday, I can't decide whether to go tonight.

What sort of team will we put out? How important is the Red Insure Cup?

Thoughts go back to the team of youngsters we put out against Supermarine where we got beat 1-8 at home I think.

Don't think I can cope with another night like that!

What do you think Rudgies plan will be tonight?

Apparently we have to play at least 6  (maybe 7 ) players from the weekend match prior to the game in the rules

16/10/2012 10:22 AM  #3

"Dads taxi" required tonight so I won't be there.  If the attendance tops three figures we'll be doing well I reckon.

17/10/2012 7:33 AM  #4

"What sort of team will we put out?"

One that would lose 3-0?

Lets Make The Magic Happen..

17/10/2012 9:02 AM  #5

We finished the game with 8 players from Chippenham park and they didn't disgrase thereselves . Paulton were a poor southern league team and we did really well and created chances. When I was walking into the ground I seen about 12 of the regulars training and not being risked for Saturday. Two young lads Ben and Charlie worked really hard and gave there back four a hard time but nice to see the park players playing but I think we need to get them in toolstation league

17/10/2012 1:54 PM  #6

The Chippenham Park boys are no where near Toolstation level!

17/10/2012 2:07 PM  #7

I agree but it's no point having a reserve team unless there in the toolstation premier IMO . The gap at the moment is far to big and we need to get regular players playing against the likes of Larkhall melksham so if there ever needed for the one off game they will be better players than what is at park at the mo. it's going to take a few years but I think the club is going the right way and there is now a structure. Nath and rich know the score and they have a lot of young lads with bright futures in first team. Barnes Egan Mings Griffiths Seery Guthrie etc

Last edited by Andy Bailey (17/10/2012 2:08 PM)

17/10/2012 8:51 PM  #8

Andy, do you not think that us putting a team directly into the toolstation without having worked our way up the structure be seen as a slap in the face of those clubs trying to do it the proper way and a bit big timeish?

I don't see the reserves as being "needed for the one off game", I hope they would form part of the first team squad and establish themselves in the first team given time and, of course, the chance. Maybe the solution is to put them out on loan to established toolstation team such as those you mention in order to gain experience but then those teams have their own youth teams, bit of a vicious circle.

We'll have to do it the hard way and win the leagues/promotion in order to move up, much more exciting

Board footera