BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

05/8/2012 11:53 AM  #1

Cinderford v Chip

We started well with some nice football, a peice of real quality finishing,a side foot volley placed right in the bottom corner of the net by Gilly.Cinderford are a very big physical side who where very fired up for the visit of higher league opposition.The ref was a real homer and seemed intimidated by there tactics.Nathan who started the game clashed with one of there ladds was shown a straight red,( Could refs not just show more common sense and remove the player from the pitch rather than showing the red,as the ref did at Tiverton which means he is bound to send it in) Nathan will now be banned even from the dug out.The rest of the first half Cinderford domminated.Our ladds trying to side step some heavy challanges that came in. The second half we played some decent football with Scott Rodgers especially playing some good balls through to the willing strikers.There fans advised they have won all of there freindlys and they have there strongest ever team,they are expecting a play off spot this season.They certainly celabrated the win at the end, for a minute I thought they had knocked us out of the F A cup.Bigger games to come this week,Exeter Tue 7/8, Basingstoke (Including Ross Adams) Sat 11/8  when we should see the team that Nath and Rich have in mind to start at Hemel on the 18/8 Im looking forward to the week ahead.

Last edited by Jono (05/8/2012 11:58 AM)

05/8/2012 12:15 PM  #2

Re: Cinderford v Chip

Jono nice to see someone has written a report on yesterday's game, but what was the score, cannot read between the lines. You say we lost, but by how many!
I hope the sending off is not the start of a bad disciplinary season.

05/8/2012 5:18 PM  #3

It was 3 - 1 to Cinderford a header from a first half free kick, from there man mountain centre forward {probably the bigest guy I have seen on a football pitch},a penalty that we couldnt argue about,a late Third after some neat build up play by us.With there very physical style of play it was good to come away without any injuries,although bally did seem to be limping a little when he came off. The last thing we need is him injured,his crosses are so good.Well see Tuesday against Exeter.     

06/8/2012 11:08 AM  #4

Hard to judge anything from this fixture after playing 10 men for over a hour. Fitness was good considering playing against 11 men but main thing was no injuries and nice to see Kite back.
Shame Nathan got sent off as it was good to see him back playing and looked to be organising everything out there but these things happen but a yellow card would have been fair.
Anyway 2 games to go before Hemel Hempstead week sat .
Oh and Cinderford will have a good season as there supportters said its one of the best sides they have seen put together for years

06/8/2012 9:19 PM  #5

Wow, talk about sour grapes.

I'm a cinderford fan so may be slightly biased but that's one of the worst match reports I've ever read.
Celebrated like an FA cup final, please. The guys did their cool down and got on with things not one person celebrated.
If you think we are physical then play Romulus they beat us up the week before quite literally. The only player over 6 foot is summers our striker and if anything it was your defender who was overly physical hence the red card for violent conduct.

And the reason the ref won't sub is because it's for violent conduct, it wasn't an unlucky/mistimed tackle(s) it was cowardly elbow off the ball.

And the ref booked 2 of our players for late tackles so not sure where the homer tag comes from?
The red card spoiled the game as a contest which was a shame as it was a good game to then but my god that's an appalling summary of the match.

Board footera