BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

24/4/2014 6:58 PM  #1

Melksham vs Bradford

Great game last night 2-2 then 3-3 after ET and then penalty shootout with Melksham winning - Bradford were very unlucky and for me were the better side overall, but entertaining to watch. 

A huge crowd with lots of atmosphere - shame CTFC hasn't been able to get such crowds like this for quite a while, but assume the club made some money last night - some more local derbies for us would certainly help

25/4/2014 10:15 AM  #2

Re: Melksham vs Bradford

You're right: it was a good game. Due mainly, I believe, to it being a local derby, the six goals and the size of the crowd. The skill levels were pretty poor at times, though; glad we're not playing at that level any more!

As for more local derbies, don't forget the Yate v Cirencester game tomorrow. A point for the visitors and they're up as champions! If any one fancies going there rather than St Neots then drop me a PM. I've got 4 spare seats and will leave Hardenhuish Park at about 2pm.

25/4/2014 1:40 PM  #3

I saw the Mango v Ciren game last Saturday.  Ciren were the better side overall with one or two players I wouldn't mind seeing in a Blue shirt.  Poorly supported though, maybe 20 followers?  For a team in their position that's poor.  Good luck to them tomorrow though.

25/4/2014 3:19 PM  #4

What players stood out I've mentioned a few over the season from there,collier surely would know that kind of teams players after his time with swindon super marine.

26/4/2014 8:29 AM  #5

Lee Smith played well as expected (Steve White tried to sign him back in the day) and Leigh Henry stood out in defence although the size of his girth surprised me.  Obviously no stranger to fast food outlets.

Board footera