BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16/11/2013 5:17 PM  #1

Biggles V Chippenham

?

16/11/2013 5:20 PM  #2

Re: Biggles V Chippenham

3 - 2 down and now it goes to 3 - 3 !!  Scorers are Griff, Joe McC and someone else (helpful eh)?

Biggles down to 10 men through a red card.

FT 3-3

Last edited by fishnchips (16/11/2013 5:51 PM)

16/11/2013 6:07 PM  #3

Knighton scored first goal.
Very pleasing result today

16/11/2013 6:37 PM  #4

Get the feeling we might have lost that one by four or five a couple of weeks ago.  Well done lads, solid point.

16/11/2013 7:29 PM  #5

2-0 down when i went to the pub, couldnt believe the final score. We're getting our Mojo back.

16/11/2013 11:05 PM  #6

I've got a sort of feeling that a contribution from a former manager of the Club could well be on its way soon!

17/11/2013 12:02 PM  #7

As a neutral supporter (living in Biggleswade) and looking for a draw, I thought this game had everything. Apart from the 6 goals there were numerous chances for both sides, a draw was probably a fair result.

Despite the Waders scoring 2 goals early on I felt that Chippenhame were the better side and it was no surprise when Knighton scored with almost his first kick after coming on as sub.  It was certainly against the run of play that Biggleswade scored a 3rd on the stroke of half time.  

Chippenham dominated the second half and inspired by Alan Griffin they fully deserved the 2 goals. Biggleswade had made 2 changes before the goals, whether these were necessary I don't know but the Waders were undone down the right from where the Bluebirds goals were made.

Nice to meet up with some Chipps supporters and a Norwegian gentleman. Hope he enjoyed the game as much as I.  Maybe we'll meet again when you come up to Hitchin.

17/11/2013 1:00 PM  #8

Bluemoon wrote:

Yorkie wrote:

I've got a sort of feeling that a contribution from a former manager of the Club could well be on its way soon!

Do tell, don't leave us up in the air.

Now, let me think............hang on, it'll come to me in a minute!

17/11/2013 6:09 PM  #9

Yesterday was a spectacular match. When we've fallen behind in past games this season, that's been the end of our participation. More goals have been leaked, and the players seem to give up, because our attacks never seem cohesive enough.
However, this time, they rallied together and there was a real spirit in the team. Especially towards the end of the game - The Biggleswade players became frustrated and seemed to struggle with the pace of the game, because our lads were still running them off the pitch.

Great play from Harvey in the center, his passing was direct and inciseful. McClennan and Guthrie were good and worked hard on the wings as well, especially McClennan, who terrified their full-back to the point where they had several men on him in the second half.

The defence was shaky - We really miss Tindle to give us some muscle and presence back there. Tovey is awful, frankly. The new lads will take some time to gel into the side, which is understandable. I liked the chap at left-back who'd come in for Allward, he worked his socks off, especially coming forward, when he looked quite dangerous.

Anyway. It was a very heartening performance.
Getting four points from two games which have consisted of a home fixture against Cambridge, one of the best sides in our league, and then a cold away match at battling Biggleswade? Seems pretty good to me. Good times are coming back, it just takes patience.

Also liked the level of communication and authority from Collier and his assistant. Quite refreshing.

18/11/2013 10:38 AM  #10

Good game to be at and a well deserved point considering our poor start.

Was a little disapointed that we let in two goals from set plays but apart from that im a happy blue bird.... Good to see some bottle from the lads for the travelling fans.

Board footera