BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01/11/2013 2:46 PM  #1

What I actually said was.....

I see the Gazette have printed a couple of lines attributed to me following the Stourbridge debacle (albeit without having proof read them as one of the sentences didn’t quite make sense).  Bad news always sells of course and I did make the points they tried to print, but I’d like to point out that most of my conversation was of a positive nature.   We’ve obviously had a torrent of publicity over this defeat and subsequent parting of the ways with Steve Winter – it’s even on the main BBC Sport website – so to try to redress the balance somewhat I told them that, in my opinion, the infrastructure of the club is very good a) with a strong Youth set-up  b) Chippenham Park providing a link between the youth and first teams and most importantly  c) some great people working tirelessly behind the scenes week in week out.  I’m not naïve enough to think they’d print any of that, but disappointed as I was about the performance on Tuesday (and I was absolutely gutted), we really have to remember what a good club we’ve got.  Plenty of people love to have a pop at us, especially when things aren’t going too well, but that’s the same the world over.  Manchester United have been getting plenty of stick too.  Why? Because their results have slipped and it’s the way of the world to ridicule perceived failure.  It’s all relative, but a club stands or falls (in the eyes of the public) by the results of the senior team.  Swift action had to be taken this week, there was no alternative, but what’s done is done.  I trust we’ll get it right this time and an experienced man with good contacts takes over.  Whoever it is will need our full support.

01/11/2013 3:49 PM  #2

Re: What I actually said was.....

Inside Left
You really should put your thoughts, as shown above, in a letter to the Gazzette. Even though they may not agree with you, they should print it.

Peter K Farrell

01/11/2013 10:09 PM  #3

Insideleft wrote:

Plenty of people love to have a pop at us, especially when things aren’t going too well, but that’s the same the world over.  Manchester United have been getting plenty of stick too. 

They've already started, IL.Well, the usual person has started having a pop. It was only a matter of time before Mr Bitter, aka "the legend", took to the forum and had his moan. (See his thread, thoughtfully entitled "shambles"). Honestly, can any one think of any other manager of a club at this level still carrying such an enormous chip on his shoulder after all these years, and having to resort to slagging off the Club on a fans forum?

Bu**ger off Saunders, and get a life.

Last edited by Yorkie (01/11/2013 10:36 PM)

02/11/2013 12:51 AM  #4

Insideleft wrote:

I see the Gazette have printed a couple of lines attributed to me following the Stourbridge debacle (albeit without having proof read them as one of the sentences didn’t quite make sense).  Bad news always sells of course and I did make the points they tried to print, but I’d like to point out that most of my conversation was of a positive nature.   We’ve obviously had a torrent of publicity over this defeat and subsequent parting of the ways with Steve Winter – it’s even on the main BBC Sport website – so to try to redress the balance somewhat I told them that, in my opinion, the infrastructure of the club is very good a) with a strong Youth set-up  b) Chippenham Park providing a link between the youth and first teams and most importantly  c) some great people working tirelessly behind the scenes week in week out.  I’m not naïve enough to think they’d print any of that, but disappointed as I was about the performance on Tuesday (and I was absolutely gutted), we really have to remember what a good club we’ve got.  Plenty of people love to have a pop at us, especially when things aren’t going too well, but that’s the same the world over.  Manchester United have been getting plenty of stick too.  Why? Because their results have slipped and it’s the way of the world to ridicule perceived failure.  It’s all relative, but a club stands or falls (in the eyes of the public) by the results of the senior team.  Swift action had to be taken this week, there was no alternative, but what’s done is done.  I trust we’ll get it right this time and an experienced man with good contacts takes over.  Whoever it is will need our full support.

IL, I haven't read the Gazette, so I don't know what you were quoted as saying. What I do know though is that your unstinting support for CTFC has spanned nearly 50 years and that you would never maliciously criticise the club. Keep your head held high and COYB!

02/11/2013 8:31 AM  #5

Thanks DB.  I wasn't having a dig at the Gazette (apart from the lack of proof reading) - I was merely trying to redress the balance by looking at the overall picture.

02/11/2013 8:40 PM  #6

Seems like this last year the club is falling apart on the pitch; technical area and off the pitch someone needs to halt the slide otherwise you will be playing Calne and Corsham and the like

02/11/2013 9:36 PM  #7

Nah, we'll never sink low enough to play Corsham and they won't rise high enough to play us

Board footera