BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

29/10/2013 11:25 PM  #1

Still in it until the eighth one went in

Here we go then........

The game was all over as soon as Tindle saw red.  I'm a big fan of Greg's but he let us down big time.  We'd already conceded a soft first goal and that was all we needed, him going off.  Harvey's deliberate handball on the line was instinctive, although some of the Stourbridge fans said they thought it was going wide. Great. So we go in at half time three down (with a missed penalty) and down to nine men.  The second half was unacceptable, nine men or not.  It highlighted the fact that we are at least five players short of a competitive team.  Our full-backs can't defend, we're light-weight in midfield and we have loose canons who will spend valuable game time suspended.  We are in a downward spiral and we need action NOW!  I will always support the club, in whatever league we're in, it's what I do.  But I can't stand and watch that rubbish without sounding off.  We had a great opportunity to appoint someone with real experience recently, but we blew it.  I only hope some of the candidates are still interested because we desperately need to appoint someone fast, before it's too late.  (Our current Manager wasn't there tonight by the way - it would have made no difference if he'd been there).  Come on Chairman, bite the bullet and sort it out.

29/10/2013 11:35 PM  #2

Re: Still in it until the eighth one went in

Just being looking at the figures on the Southern League web site: we conceded 6 second half goals in 18 minutes. Unbelievable!

TAXI FOR WINTER!...............oh, and while we're at it TAXI FOR THE BOARD as well. Anyone care to chip in for the fares?

29/10/2013 11:50 PM  #3

But on the plus side. Crowd resiliance sees us top tonights attendance figures. And thats what the board need to grasp. They should do the right thing and appoint someone with a clue or come clean and tell us we're unsustainable at this level. Because thats what I think is going on.

29/10/2013 11:55 PM  #4

George, crowd figure this evening  was boosted by a good turnout of Stourbridge fans.

29/10/2013 11:58 PM  #5

30? But they were noisy and they had every right to be.

30/10/2013 12:00 AM  #6

Even by the recent standards of recent years tonight was simply unacceptable. 

Like to think that the riot act would be read to Tindle, he's an experienced player yet  as stated he cost us tonight with a rash two footed lunge. It must have been a sending off, no-one argued too hard for him to stay on. As stated by inside-left the full backs can't defend, we're far too light weight in midfield and we're a shambles.

Did anyone actually want Winter when other more suitable, experienced candidates were available and if you listen to some people was actually the 3rd choice yet he got the job because he "deserved a go", well sorry Mr Blackmore he's not up to it. Appreciate he wasn't there tonight but his signings have proved to be duds, see Lennox has gone now so another new signing is needed but who wants to join us. Will any decent manager want to touch us should the correct decision be made and Winter sacked, guess it'll come down to money, how much can we offer both salary wise and playing budget.

Winter must go and you, Mr Blackmore, have to decide what the priority for the club is, the first team or making sure that Park have nice new shiny tracksuits. Time for you to show some courage and act quickly.

30/10/2013 12:09 AM  #7

It does seem as though the board is deliberately pursuing a policy designed to establish the club's true level and at the moment it doesn't look as though it's the Southern Premier League. 

30/10/2013 5:09 PM  #8

Tindle is a liability and an embarrassment to the club, he is just back from a suspension, and sent off within 5 minutes of his return, for a diabolical tackle. Harvey's was a natural instinct. Even if we had 11 on the pitch, I think Stourbridge would have won quite easily, they did play some good football.

I would hope Joe McLennon, will learn to pass the ball occasionally and not try to beat every oppenent in front of him twice. He is very gifted but he was showboating when we were 3 down, and he was the cause of one goal, tried to beat too many and lost the ball, next it was in the back of the net. Unless the Board do something tonight constructively, expect the next home game to be less than 100.

I am surprised the faithful still turn up, and I am one of them, but come on change is needed.

31/10/2013 11:45 PM  #9

Corner Flag writes 
Winter must go and you, Mr Blackmore, have to decide what the priority for the club is, the first team or making sure that Park have nice new shiny tracksuits. Time for you to show some courage and act quickly.
Well the first point has been dealt with but as to the second I also would like to know where the priority lies. For example on Tuesday we had 4 subs (more than usual I suppose). So who was missing to prevent us having a full bench? Leaving aside Lennox who had quit does anyone know where Dean Griffiths was? And the other missing first team squad member, Luke Murden, where was he? Oh surprise surprise he was playing for Chippenham Park that night. OK you may argue his time was better spent playing than sitting on the first team bench but I would have thought the priority was to ensure the first team had a strong  as possible  squad and that means having a full bench. I think clearly the new manager whoever he is needs to establish some ground rules here and perhaps get a proper understanding going between the two clubs.

31/10/2013 11:52 PM  #10

Joiner wrote:

Corner Flag writes 
Well the first point has been dealt with but as to the second I also would like to know where the priority lies. For example on Tuesday we had 4 subs (more than usual I suppose). So who was missing to prevent us having a full bench? Leaving aside Lennox who had quit does anyone know where Dean Griffiths was? And the other missing first team squad member, Luke Murden, where was he? Oh surprise surprise he was playing for Chippenham Park that night. OK you may argue his time was better spent playing than sitting on the first team bench but I would have thought the priority was to ensure the first team had a strong  as possible  squad and that means having a full bench. I think clearly the new manager whoever he is needs to establish some ground rules here and perhaps get a proper understanding going between the two clubs.

Totally agree , I do not think he knows how to man manage a football team , the priority has to be the first team and all else piggy backs on to the success or failure of that team - needs to work that one out in his head and give them his total support rather than critisise when easiest to do so !

Board footera