BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

26/10/2013 6:58 PM  #1

New Food & Drink Prices

Noticed today that a cattering company are now operating the food and drink stand at the ground and that prices have changed, thought I would post the new prices for the "Bluebirds Burger Bistro" as there has been no pre warning/information previously

Beef Burger = single £2.50 Double = 3.50
Cheese Burger  = single £3.00 Double = £4.00
Chicken Burger = £3.50
Veggie Burger = £3.50
Hot Dog = £3.00
Chips = £2.00
Cheesy Chips = £2.50
Chip Buttie = £2.50
Sausage & Chips = £4.50

Tea = small £1.00 large = £1.50
Coffee = small £1.00 large = £1.50
Hot Chocolate = small £1.50 large = £2.00
Cans = £1.00
Bottled Drinks = £1.50
Bottled Water = £1.00

Crisps = 80p
Chocolate bars = 80p

Less of politics, every dog has it`s day....J Lydon

26/10/2013 7:38 PM  #2

Re: New Food & Drink Prices

This is an interesting move. Historically the tea bar was always staffed by volunteers. I don't know whether this was still the case over recent years. There's an obvious hike in the prices with my usual large tea and a Mars Bar rising from £1.60 to £2.30. Sausage and chips at £4.50 looks expensive. With the drop in crowds, the half-time queue has dwindled to just a handful of people and so it seems a strange time to bring in a catering company and to increase the prices.  

27/10/2013 11:32 AM  #3

Have the prices over the years kept pace with society? i.e. have they gone up slowly in the past and therefore now they have gone up (the two previous posters possibly suggest) by too much of an amount?

Are there enough volunteers these days?

Will the profit margin now be more to make up for the lesser gate money?

Peter K Farrell

27/10/2013 1:17 PM  #4

Mr Farrell, I am not suggesting anything I am just informing us fans of the changes. a number of people commented on the changes at the Park game yesterday and there has been no announcement/update of the changes.

Just a public service announcement!

Less of politics, every dog has it`s day....J Lydon

27/10/2013 5:44 PM  #5

Well as its an outside company i would guess the staff get paid. Plus they need to make a profit and either pay rent or a portion of sales to the club. It may be the only way to guarantee a tea hut at the club if volounteers cant be found, but it guarantees higher prices. It all smells of a support becoming more disenfranchised. And honestly decay. Have you ever had a look around the crowd at Corsham? - you'd recognise a few faces. Not a good sign.

29/10/2013 5:34 PM  #6

Taken from the official site:

FW Catering have taken over running the snack bar.

The club would like to announce that FW Catering have taken over running the snack bar and their first Chippenham Town game will be tomorrow night.

The club would like to thank Nicki Garraway and her assistants for the time, effort and good food they have served whilst working for the club and we wish Nicki all the best in her new career.

29/10/2013 9:40 PM  #7

Volunteers thought that was a dirty word, look at the way robin boulter was treated as an example gave a lot of time to the club

Board footera