BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

13/10/2013 3:22 PM  #21

Re: v chesham

Have to agree with most of the previous comments. Chesham were a big and physical side and we seemed to have only the one plan that we have had for many seasons... send the ball up to Griffin to try and win it. So he has two defenders round him each time, even when he wins the flick on, no-one there to collect. Lennox did nothing at all - we should have started with Griff and Shane or at least tried that earlier.

McLennan had an awful game including losing the ball in his own half which led to the second goal. I think Murden was hard done by and didnt deserve to be singled out by Winter for the personal criticism from the sidelines - he didnt do much more wrong by comparison with the rest of them at that stage although the penalty foul was pretty awful, but his confidence smashed to pieces by then anyway.

Despite what has been said about Tindle the ref saw only the end of each tussle, he was just responding in kind. The Chesham number 11 had at least 3-4 "final warnings" without seeing a card. The first goal was from a free-kick that was never a foul by Tindle. Too many incidents like that went by without a yellow card being shown and in the middle of the second half there should have been several cards on both sides, with maybe a red. Too late then as he had set a precedent... I do wonder if the ref actually had his cards in his pocket?

Frome must be relishing the cup game mid-week... I won't be there!

Last edited by newfan (13/10/2013 3:24 PM)

13/10/2013 4:14 PM  #22

Wow,this mess needs sorting sooner than later,if the Chairman has made a error in backing Winters so be it,the players are making them each and every game,the club is the issue and yes i agree we need a new start and i also would back Collier and his no2 Tom Jones,they are proven and would bring players in,here is hoping !!!!!!!!!! 

13/10/2013 6:18 PM  #23

Bluemoon wrote:

Bluemoon wrote:

Looking back it's since adie mings left it has slowly gone down hill.

And towards the end it wasn't that good under Mings either....

If Winter is given the chop, and if he's called in for a chat straight after the game it could only be a matter of time, could we have a manager with no previous association with the club, not someone promoted internally or "because he deserves his chance" please. Just hope people like Collier and others are still interested.

At least we're 6 points clear of the drop zone

14/10/2013 7:56 AM  #24

Don't know how true it is but I heard he's (Winter) reviewed at Christmas.

Either way hey needs some results coming his way by on the face of things.

Reading NB'S Comments regarding Hinkley I can't see any change in funding for the team either. It ssys to me money first results second and then you'll find your level.

17/10/2013 6:38 AM  #25

Get rid of Winter ASAP he's just a "Rudge left behind" .....bring in Collier & Tom Jones (not the singer!)
mind you Green Grass of Home would be better than Winter 

Board footera