BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

14/9/2013 10:07 AM  #1

Yate Town v Chippenham Town

A massive game for the Chippenham and Steve Winters today.I prefer to forget about all our former shite F A cup performances and move forward.Its a new young team that is moving in the right direction. Good luck to the three new lads. At last a centre back has been bought in Hallelujah,I've heard he's a good Ladd. Lets hope it's the Chippenham team that turned up against Stourbridge and not the one that played so poorly against Totton. Good luck to Steve and the lads today.l Lets come away with the win and the £3000   

Last edited by Jono (14/9/2013 10:13 AM)

14/9/2013 7:49 PM  #2

Re: Yate Town v Chippenham Town

Fair play for the positive attitude Jono.

Well, I thought we were capable of much more today. Again it's a case of some sloppy defending where we should be hassling the opposition more, and it has ruined the day, even though there were some positives to take away from it, in terms of individual performances and some promising attacking movement at times.
The referee was utterly terrible. He seemed clueless in his management of the game. Yate were feigning injuries, he had no idea as to where to place the ball after Harley was fouled just outside of the area (That could've been so much more dangerous) and as for giving one minute of added time?! What on earth?!

Lennox looked good on the ball, let's be honest he's new to the club and will take time to find his game. Ben Murray looked good before coming off, and I think if he'd have been able to continue, perhaps we wouldn't have leaked two goals so quickly after half time!
Anyway, the lads fought hard for this one, and Joe McClennan came out with some cracking play. Just a shame to see us lose in such a fashion.

14/9/2013 7:57 PM  #3

One thing I will say, though, (and I said it at the game today) is that I feel Isaac Reid hasn't been giving it his all in recent games. Such a waste to see a good player not putting the effort in and getting the results.

14/9/2013 8:27 PM  #4

If it's true that Jake Reid (our former striker)are brothers sounds like peas from the same pod. Jake looked outstanding in pre-season, got a contract then basically retired for the season, can't remember him breaking sweat too often in a CT shirt.

15/9/2013 9:29 AM  #5

The sooner a manager is announced the better, we are treading water. If we want to compete the board need to put some money in and expand the squad with some quality. We are playing players out of position and you can't do that at this level. The next week will be interesting, it could be a long season....come on you bluebirds

The voice of the bluebirds

15/9/2013 11:01 AM  #6

Its funny how different people see the same game. Our assistant manager says apart from a couple of spells we were on top. Well, the way I saw it apart from the last 10/15 minutes we were a complete shambles. How we didn't concede before we did I'll never know as the marking in the penalty area was non existent at times . Perhaps understandable given the make up of the defence 2 new players and a midfielder. I think it was only one or two individual performances that kept us in the game. McClennan was outstanding ( wonder how long we can hold on to him for) but one little criticism he is trying to do too much and should think about passing a bit more.
Difficult to be too hard on Winter given the limited resources he has available yesterday effectively only 3 subs again and only a month into the season. How many teams do you see coming to HP and not managing to put out 5 subs? As far as the subs he had I think a bad error of judgment bringing Reid on at half time instead of Knighton. I'm afraid Reid, at least at the moment, is just not up to this level of football and this was quite apparent yesterday. Hopefully he will get better.

15/9/2013 12:56 PM  #7

Well said joiner, we battered them in the last 15 minutes but a poor performance. As I said earlier the appointment of a manager is critical. I'm hoping the chairman offer some funds to the new manager to bolster our depleted squad!! 

The voice of the bluebirds

15/9/2013 7:37 PM  #8

There is going to be zip all funds available! I wouldn't be surprised if the board hasn't at least budgeted getting through to at least the 2nd round of qualifying for the fa cup.

Board footera