BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

08/9/2013 3:16 PM  #1

V Cambridge

Chipp 1 down on 9 minutes

08/9/2013 3:43 PM  #2

Re: V Cambridge

guthrie levels

08/9/2013 4:39 PM  #3

Chipp now 2-1 down

08/9/2013 4:50 PM  #4

lost 2-1

09/9/2013 9:18 AM  #5

I gather we gave our best and Cambridge are always going to be a tough side to beat

09/9/2013 2:19 PM  #6

Well, it really wasn't the worst loss in the world, but it was frustrating to watch at times as a fan, when we're clearly capable of being much more incisive in attack, and tighter in defence. The fact is though that Cambridge really did pull out a decent performance for most of the match, and we were unlucky in a lot of ways, as well.

Too many aerial balls were lofted speculatively towards Knighton and Phillips when they were clearly couldn't challenge in the air with Cambridge's towering center-backs, and when Griffin was pushed forward the morale seemed to have dipped anyway, and our attacking moves didn't look as cohesive. Isaac Reid should have started, in my view.
Considering we have attacking players with some real technical ability like Harley Purnell and Joe McClennan, it seems wasteful to have kept using the long ball method.

Luke Murden looked okay during the time he had after coming on as a substitute, hopefully we'll see more of him back there, as Tillson seems out-of-position as a right-back to me. Attacking movement really isn't his strong point, he's a central defender.

Our fightback in the first half looked very positive, but the momentum seemed to have dispersed when the lads came back out after half-time. Hopefully we'll see a good reaction from the lads during the next match.

Last edited by CodeBluebird (09/9/2013 2:24 PM)

Board footera