BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22/8/2013 7:52 AM  #11

Re: Nathan Rudge Resigned

I have made my feelings about Mr Rudge and his position as manager of the club very clear in the past.
 I hope that the club can quickly  repair  the damage  caused during the previous management regime.

22/8/2013 10:16 AM  #12

Likewise I haven't been his biggest fan. It's nothing personal just that the results and the general feel around the club haven't been good under his leadership.

Rudgey, I wish you all the best in your future ahead in football, make sure you learn for the experience.

Could there be a young aspiring manager who is an assistant in the leagues above who is looking for an opportunity?

Last edited by silver (22/8/2013 10:17 AM)

22/8/2013 10:46 AM  #13

Perrin new favourite??

22/8/2013 11:23 AM  #14

Nothing against Darren but I see him more of a Barry Fry/Neil Warnock style manager who can shout and ball to get the most out of his troops rather than think strategically and then tactically to improve the team.

I was hoping for more of a likeness to Morinho/Wenger with modern ideas.

I might be contradicting the above, but what about a Steve White/Ronnie Needham combo again, that's when I enjoyed watching CTFC the most?

They did have some good players though!

Last edited by silver (22/8/2013 11:23 AM)

22/8/2013 3:31 PM  #15

Think Rudgey will be remembered as a better player (during his first spell) than he ever will as a manger :

Echoing some of the thoughts above it would be nice to get a "local" identify back to the club rather than a Bristol based XI which we had become. Wonder how many of the current squad are fearing a new manager, new broom and all that....

22/8/2013 8:12 PM  #16

Well, I like Perrin's comments in the G&H, he seems to have a good plan as to what the new manager needs to implement at the football club.
I know we haven't seen much of Steve Winter's work at the club yet, but he was Rudge's choice of appointment, and doesn't necessarily represent a forward movement from the last era. He's also inexperienced. Maybe now as a caretaker manager he'll seize the opportunity and bring something new to the table, but Perrin seems like the best candidate, for me, based on his past record.

I agree with CF, hopefully this will put some motivation into players who thought their position was safe under the previous management. Especially with a smaller squad like ours, complacency can creep in.

23/8/2013 8:42 AM  #17

Mark Collier has applied.

23/8/2013 2:48 PM  #18

Darren might well be able to do a job for us, but given the circumstances under which he left last time, it seems unlikely that the present board will be ringing him anytime soon.

Board footera