BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

24/6/2013 4:02 PM  #11

Re: Ipswich

I think that this was the 2-2 draw last September before the true darkness of Paul Jewell descended on the land. We were outstanding at throwing away leads under PJ, but I think Huddersfield hit both posts following up a saved penalty so we scraped a point. Things are different now under Mick, and we have been winning games we haven't always deserved to win.

I am interested to know how Chippenham are doing, and have enjoyed reading through the threads on the forum today. I know precious little of the club's most recent history, but remember the time when you were ripping things up in the Southern League about a decade or so ago.

24/6/2013 4:25 PM  #12

Yes, it was. You were actually quite unfortunate, Hudders put a good shift in that day although there were so many squandered chances, but then it was still during that golden period of starting a season in a new league. I enjoyed visiting Portman Road anyway, it's an old-fashioned, closed-in ground so we could make a good noise, but it's still clean and tidy with good facilities, and the home fans were very friendly!

Hmm. Just glad to stay up this season, really. Hopefully the good form we picked up at the end of the season can continue, although as usual there will be a lot of players traversing the revolving door of ins and outs. We need a few 'ins' at some point soon, though. We are Southern League veterans but we've come close to pushing our way upwards a few times.

24/6/2013 9:05 PM  #13

I was chatting about the game over on TWTD (the Ipswich forum), and was told that apparently Toby Osman recommended Tyrone to his Dad. If this is true, it maybe is a small world after all.

11/7/2013 1:04 PM  #14

http://www.twtd.co.uk/blogs/21351/%E2%80%9Cen-oppfordring-fra-oss!!-st%C3%B8tt-en-god-sak!-%E2%80%9D--notes-for-the-chippenham-town-friendly

Here is the aforementioned TWTD blog post.

14/7/2013 11:09 AM  #15

This is just to say a huge thank you from an Ipswich Town supporter for a terrific afternoon yesterday. It was a wonderful day and we were made to feel hugely welcome.

Please accept a gentle apology for the result. You were clearly one goal better than us in the first half and honours were more even in the second half. I occasionally visit Twerton Park (apologies), and know how dangerous the uphill slope is for set pieces. When you won the late free kick, I was aware of the danger, and mightily relieved when it smacked off the crossbar.

Look after young Mr McLennan. He was a nightmare to play against, especially in the first half, and we didn't look like we had a plan to deal with him. He was a second or two ahead of everyone in his thinking, and his technique and touch were both excellent.

Here's wishing you all the very best for the coming season, and thank you for making us all feel so at home.

14/7/2013 4:33 PM  #16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjMxVwpH2g0&feature=youtu.be

Full 90 Minutes coverage of Chippenham vs Ipswich

Official Youtube Channel for Chippenham Town FC/ youtube.com/ChippenhamFCTV

14/7/2013 6:01 PM  #17

Cheers Harry all the best to you and ITFC as well

Board footera