BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

20/6/2013 2:05 PM  #1

New players

Been checking club website and forum everyday hoping to read that some new players have been signed. So far nothing but is this due to lack of communication or lack of activit? I appreciate budget cuts have been imposed but trouble is a number of other clubs don't seem to have had any problems adding regularly to their squads. Bit worrying when you think, unless you can pick up a talent everyone else has missed, that the likelyhood before long  the only players available to sign won't be good enough for the Southern League. Looking at the current squad you've effectively 3 untried young players one, Harves, who may struggle to play week in week out and the manager who effectively stopped playing last season.So that leaves 11!!

20/6/2013 4:12 PM  #2

Re: New players

We need a right-back, a centre-half and another mid-fielder at the very least.  I did hear a whisper of a centre-half target but won't name him on here - someone else could jump in.

20/6/2013 7:06 PM  #3

Early days yet boys, Ive heard wheels are in motion, its important to bring in the right ladds. Patience is required. 

20/6/2013 9:01 PM  #4

Well today's G&H makes a gloomy read and interestingly makes no mention of Scott lye - It's as if he never existed. He deserves better!

21/6/2013 8:30 AM  #5

Early days, I'm not so sure. Reading other clubs websites quite a few teams have signed a fair number of players already and seem to have pretty much sorted their squads out for next season. Of course you need you bring in the right players but how many of those "right players" are still available to sign? I hope I'm wrong but I don't think we are not far off the point where all we will be left with is Western League standard players. Whilst we have done well in the past with taking players from the Western league it's been the odd one here and there but not 3/4 all at the same time.

21/6/2013 9:52 AM  #6

This topic could have been rasied every June for the past 10 years!

Lets Make The Magic Happen..

21/6/2013 9:57 AM  #7

It looks like three out and three in.

03/7/2013 12:59 PM  #8

Hungerford are managing to snap up some bargins-"Manager Bobby Wilkinson has snapped up former Supermarine strike pair Ashley Edenborough and Josh Parsons along with Midfielder....... Chris Taylor. Also joining is Nick Stanley from Oxford City and Stefan Brown from Basingstoke Town."

Edenborough & Parsons netted 46 times for Supermarine last season.

03/7/2013 1:18 PM  #9

Bluebirds2006 wrote:

Hungerford are managing to snap up some bargins-"Manager Bobby Wilkinson has snapped up former Supermarine strike pair Ashley Edenborough and Josh Parsons along with Midfielder....... Chris Taylor. Also joining is Nick Stanley from Oxford City and Stefan Brown from Basingstoke Town."

Edenborough & Parsons netted 46 times for Supermarine last season.

A good set-up at Hungerford. I went there a couple of times last season and although their attendances averaged less than 100 they seem to be very well run. Most of their income seems to come from their excellent club house which hosts regular parties as well as wedding receptions, etc!

Last edited by Yorkie (03/7/2013 1:19 PM)

Board footera