BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03/7/2013 1:17 PM  #1

Poole Town

From the Non League Daily Website :
Ambitious Calor League Premier Division club Poole Town have completed the signing of ex-Football League midfielder and AFC Totton captain Carl Pettefer on a one-year deal.

The 32-year-old, formerly with Southend United and Oxford United, has become the fourth player to switch from the Stags after terminating his contract over unpaid wages at the Testwood Stadium.

Dolphins’ new midfield maestro follows in the footsteps of defender Jamie Whisken, striker Richard Gillespie and midfielder Jon Davies to become Killick's sixth summer recruit alongside defenders Jacob Rowe (Worcester City) and Ian Oliver (Bashley).

After a lengthy spell with Portsmouth as a youngster, Pettefer made his name at Southend where he was ever-present in the Shrimpers’ League Two promotion campaign of 2004-05.

He appeared in two finals at the Millennium Stadium for the Roots Hall outfit prior to two years at Oxford before making one substitute appearance for the Cherries in a brief spell under Kevin Bond in 2008.

Pettefer (pictured) dropped out of the professional game and made 150 appearances for Totton in four-and-a-half successful years, which included promotion to the Southern League Premier Division and a run to the FA Cup second round.

Boss Tom Killick hailed the transfer coup as one of the finest of his Tatnam tenure and said it reaffirmed his desire for back-to-back promotions.

The Poole boss told the Daily Echo: “In terms of background we had Aaron Skelton who played a lot of professional games, and Charlie Austin turned out to be high-profile, but to sign a player of Carl's calibre is a big indicator of how far we have come.

“I have always said I want us to be challenging at the top end of this league and, after assembling a strong squad, we are well placed to achieve that.

“It is my ambition to manage in the Conference South with Poole and the signings we have made, along with the momentum we have got, give us a realistic chance this season.”

Board footera