BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

13/5/2013 3:12 PM  #1

Charlie Griffin

Has left Bath City. I think it would be great to see him and Alan up front - but at whose expense. And talking of expense could we afford him or will he be off to Hungerford/Frome/Supermarine.

13/5/2013 3:18 PM  #2

Re: Charlie Griffin

He's not the only one leaving:-"Blue Square Bet South club Bath City have confirmed that long-serving defender Gethin Jones (pictured), striker Charlie Griffin and winger Kerry Morgan will not be offered contracts for the 2013-14 season."

13/5/2013 7:46 PM  #3

Charlie scored 20 goals for Bath so I would imagine he'd stay at that level for another season at least - Weston-S-M?  Gloucester?  

14/5/2013 12:13 AM  #4

Hopefully Charlie will save a season or two for us before he hangs up his boots. 

15/5/2013 12:20 PM  #5

Love to see Charlie back. That's the sort of player we must aspire to. 

16/5/2013 2:05 PM  #6

With the budget cuts reported in todays Gazette & Herald it's looking unlikely that we will see Charlie return. It's a shame as the thought of him playing along side Alan was a mouth watering prospect.

17/5/2013 11:08 AM  #7

With the budget cuts reported in todays Gazette & Herald...........

I wouldn't mind betting the budget for next season is significantly more than the season before last, so I don't foresee any problems in getting a competitive squad together.

19/5/2013 6:12 PM  #8

Hmm sounds like the excuses why next season won't be any better have already started. Gazette names three players signed on for next season but didn't include Lee Philips who according to a previous post had agreed a contract for next season. So does that mean he hasn't signed??

20/5/2013 8:46 AM  #9

I've just read the article in the Gazette.

We’ve got to consolidate and stick in there to try and finish higher than we did last season. 

I'm sure this is a very honest assessment of our position. Time to lower our sights.  

Board footera