BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03/5/2013 12:02 PM  #1

Why does the FA have to make life so difficult?

I am sure that the FA would like a decent crowd at Wembley tomorrow for the Vase Final. So how crazy is it that you can't buy a ticket on the day. Two of us decided late on that we wanted to go and investigated the ticket situation - you can buy them via the opposing sides or the FA but not on the door. I fully appreciate there are good reasons why this should the case within the higher levels of the game but non league come on. I am sure that some will turn up only to denied access because you can't pay to get in. I will be surprised if 10,000 are there tomorrow surely events of this type should made available more easily. Fortunately the tickets arrived in time but we were uncertain as to wether we should apply and take the risk of late delivery.

03/5/2013 12:11 PM  #2

Re: Why does the FA have to make life so difficult?

Thought you would have been able to pick up your purchased tickets though?

03/5/2013 1:11 PM  #3

Pretty certain it said "pay on the day" in last weeks Non-League Paper??

03/5/2013 1:39 PM  #4

Cooky wrote:

Thought you would have been able to pick up your purchased tickets though?

You may be right but not offered as an obvious option

03/5/2013 1:40 PM  #5

Insideleft wrote:

You may also be right but agin not a clear option on the FA web site - just gave the 2 clubs or the FA

03/5/2013 1:51 PM  #6

Just been onto the Wembley site and even they direct you to the FA website - no mention of sale direct to the public.

07/5/2013 2:20 PM  #7

Insideleft wrote:

you are correct you could both pay for and collect tickets at wembley. however where fom was not immediately obvious and there was no info regarding either on the FA site.

my first visit to the new Wembley so what did I think? It is an impressive structure but lacked the stature and atmosphere of it's predecessor and the pitch is clearly a problem compared with the old stadium when the pitch was in good nick and not knackered by show jumping etc. At 80,000 and close to the pitch the views are great and unobstructed but the new stadium does not give the impression of size. i still rember the wow factor when i first walked out to the terracing to see the huge stadium expanse in the late 60's.

Board footera