BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/3/2024 1:11 PM  #11

Re: 2024/25 ST prices

How about season ticket holders who also sign up for the Dream Draw get an extra entry (2 for one) or maybe a free 50:50 or golden goal ticket each match they actually attend?

10/3/2024 1:22 PM  #12

Blimey guys!! This is getting a bit apocalyptic! "Club going downhill quickly" Nothing like talking ourselves down... and no, I have absolutely no part in, or connection with,  the management of the club..
To pick up on one or two points above..... (a) The rise in ticket prices.  Next year's hike  is a 6.5% rise (approximately.).. which is roughly in line with, or even below, average wage rises across the country (7.2%).  I would imagine that the Board wrestled with the numbers, and would also guess that to keep the Club at just current funding levels would probably require an even bigger hike in prices... so the new figures are probably the most realistic and barest minimum for sustaining the Club.  We're seeing from Torquay, Taunton, Gloucester and others what over-reach can do.    Chairman Neil already bears a huge amount of the weight of CTFC, financially and otherwise , on his own shoulders.  I don't think anyone could suggest or imagine that he is doing anything other than trying to keep the club afloat in ridiculously challenging times. I'm also sure that the Board are only too aware that any price rise  in any business carries the inherent risk of customer drop-off. So how you might offset that risk leads to point (b)  which involves getting more people to commit more fully to the Club.. basically by different ticketing and Season Ticket options.

Where I would agree with others is about the less-than-imaginative nature of the current  Season Ticket package.
Given the demographic of the average ST holder, ... ie male and older ... there must surely be room for different packages for different age groups, and family groups ... that don't broach equality rules... but focus on new target audiences. Personally, for example, I would like a reserved seat and would be prepared... as I know others would... to pay for it as part of an enhanced ST package. For others it might be Bar /Catering discounts.. privileged access to players/management etc. A slicker means of accessing these packages would  help. Having to make a physical journey to the Club or send a stamped address envelope to get your STas happens currently seems very, very  dated nowadays. I'm sure a far simpler and more convenient process online would encourage waverers, who might otherwise be put off by the pfaff.
I also agree with comments about the catering. My memory says that WSM and Hungerford ( despite the wait) have exceptional catering at excellent prices. It is possible.

.. And then... there's still this season to consider.  I have an uneasy feeling that the final games of 2023/24 are going to be uncomfortable for us as our current  "cushion" of points gets eroded by one or two teams currently in/around the relegation zone having a resurgence. Hats off BTW to Taunton yesterday who in the midst of complete financial turmoil go and win handsomely at Worthing of all places.  We have a number of remaining games against opposition with everything to play for.  We need to match their fierce urgency or risk getting caught in no-man's-land. £16 a pop, really will look steep in the Southern League South Prem!!

10/3/2024 2:27 PM  #13

Rambler wrote:

Given the demographic of the average ST holder, ... ie male and older ... there must surely be room for different packages for different age groups, and family groups ... that don't broach equality rules... but focus on new target audiences.

You hit the nail on the head it not just the supporters, it is the club in general. As you say having to go to ground or send a SAE for a season ticket. I appreciate what Neil does for the club but they need someone younger in there as well like Simon Lawrence or someone who has a grasp of modern football and is not stuck in the past. Seems the club is afraid of modern football/technology.

It's an old boys club doing things in same ways in an evolving world, which they seem to want to bury their head in the sands. We are one of only clubs in the league not to have online ticketing. That why I say it going downhill, they are not changing with the times. We are one of the only clubs in league who do not give their players squad numbers as well, another 'old school tradition'. We are no longer in a world where take your money and have no sort of incentives or initiatives is acceptable, people expect more. The club need to get a grasp of the modern game.

Last edited by Chipp_Bluebird (10/3/2024 2:46 PM)

10/3/2024 4:22 PM  #14

Chipp_Bluebird wrote:

Rambler wrote:

Given the demographic of the average ST holder, ... ie male and older ... there must surely be room for different packages for different age groups, and family groups ... that don't broach equality rules... but focus on new target audiences.

You hit the nail on the head it not just the supporters, it is the club in general. As you say having to go to ground or send a SAE for a season ticket. I appreciate what Neil does for the club but they need someone younger in there as well like Simon Lawrence or someone who has a grasp of modern football and is not stuck in the past. Seems the club is afraid of modern football/technology.

It's an old boys club doing things in same ways in an evolving world, which they seem to want to bury their head in the sands. We are one of only clubs in the league not to have online ticketing. That why I say it going downhill, they are not changing with the times. We are one of the only clubs in league who do not give their players squad numbers as well, another 'old school tradition'. We are no longer in a world where take your money and have no sort of incentives or initiatives is acceptable, people expect more. The club need to get a grasp of the modern game.

Hence why we are one of the local clubs with stagnant or dwindling crowds, every other SW club at this level have increased their crowds…yet we have not.
Virtually every other club allows online ticket purchase with many offering discount if purchased in advance.
My understanding standing is that Baths supporter liaison Officer sent an email to CTFC regarding this matter and others experienced at the Boxing Day shambles….they never received a response!!
WSM had over a thousand yesterday, Slough and Taunton(before postponements) regularly get over 750.
Like I said before, the club never ask for help, it’s a very in closed family.
Its frustrating because all of the above thoughts/comments have been raised before over the last few seasons but fall on deaf ears…and we are labelled moaners and told not to attend if we dot like it by certain individuals.

10/3/2024 7:08 PM  #15

Agree with Wellard - assessment is spot on. The Season Ticket situation only emphasises the inaction from the club in engaging with existing supporters and the local community. At our level there are not many lengthy windows of opportunity to incentivise supporters and attract new followers so it is a bit baffling that an opportunity to do so has been passed up and confirms the impression many have that the club is quite static in comms/engagement.

Because of the FA Cup run in 2022, the profile of the club was arguably never higher,  yet frustratingly it has never been built on in terms of community engagement/new ideas. With this in mind, can definitely see where Chipp_Bluebird is coming from in regard to the same old methods/ethos currently being undertaken - local clubs such as Corsham Town and Melksham Town are well ahead of Chippenham in being interested in and engaging with the community and supporters with both ideas and approaches.

Last edited by Argus (10/3/2024 11:54 PM)

Board footera