BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

06/3/2024 1:53 PM  #21

Re: Weston (H)

Seems like all of us regular fans (not just on here but people I talk to in pubs in town who are regulars) say much the same and  can see what is wrong, but for whatever reason we can't adapt to play another way and provide more entertainment to encourage more through the turnstiles.
When we had Ed Williams, Matt Mclure, Ty Johnson on, the team did suddenly look more threatening with cohesive forward movement but we still seem to lack finishing quality/luck to create goals.

06/3/2024 7:49 PM  #22

It seems to be a common occurrence of a poor first half and we only start to be a threat when substitutions are made and we play with a proven wide man. Why can’t we start we a starting with an eleven that can win from the start. I always like to try and look for positives but at the moment I’m struggling.I would accept defeat if we tried  to play football like we did against Taunton and Yeovil earlier in the season.Surely at home we should start with a more attacking line up , with at least two up front. Finally how could their goalkeeper need medical attention for what looked like cramp. Still we live in hope that the next home game will be better,at least our away performances are keeping us mid -table 

06/3/2024 11:39 PM  #23

newfan wrote:

Seems like all of us regular fans (not just on here but people I talk to in pubs in town who are regulars) say much the same and  can see what is wrong, but for whatever reason we can't adapt to play another way and provide more entertainment to encourage more through the turnstiles.
When we had Ed Williams, Matt Mclure, Ty Johnson on, the team did suddenly look more threatening with cohesive forward movement but we still seem to lack finishing quality/luck to create goals.

I totally agree. Home form has been dismal this year, even some of the wins have been fortunate. Its only the hardcore 350/400 still bothering to attend. The club website lists 3 goalkeepers, 8 defenders, 12 midfielders and just 2 strikers. Unless we unearth a striker from the academy, get one in on loan or successfully convert one of the existing squad (AAH?) I don't see anything changing before the summer. Its not lack of effort, but its just not working at home.

Board footera