BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

25/2/2024 1:24 PM  #11

Re: Dover

Joiner wrote:

As usual Rambler’s view of the game very good summary. But why did it take the management team 70 minutes to make changes that should have been made at half time after one of the worst 45 minutes I have seen this season? And after some of our home performances that is saying something. Just don’t understand the team selection at times. This season our best attacking options have come down the wings from Eddie Jones and Freddy Grant (injured or tactical?). With neither playing virtually nothing out wide. Option play Tyreke Johnson but then what do we fans know.
Why yesterday every time Dover had a corner did we bring all 11 players back? Leaving no one up field simply means Dover had all 10 outfield players in our half. Leave one player on the halfway line usually means the opposition leave 2 players back.
Finally Matt McClure. Again yesterday forced for most of the game to come back into midfield to try and create something. Not the most effective way to play him.

Yeah, really poor from Gary. Would’ve been a great idea to start Freddie Grant with an injured ankle!

25/2/2024 2:45 PM  #12

BlueBird5 in my posting l asked if injured or tactical so your reply a bit unfair. Obviously Freddy Grant injured and not on the bench but maybe you can enlighten me re Eddie Jones who was on the bench. If not fully fit fair enough but you can only comment on what you see in front of you.

25/2/2024 4:06 PM  #13

Rambler wrote:

We were definitely second best for for the first 55-60 minutes of the game, where Dover belied their dire position by being more positive, hungrier and more dangerous than us.  We looked really off it and lost too many 50-50 balls. Only after the equaliser,  did we properly wake up and in the last 20 minutes or so, looked the only team likely to go on and win it.,  Rare collectors' item:- 3 up front at the end of the game ( AAH, Fas and Tyreke). Well done everybody, though on an important 3 points and for turning the game around.. from  what looked for some time to be another sub par Home performance. The 540 or so crowd seemed a bit more animated than they were against Braintree... and the succesion of corners we won near the end of the game helped build  some crowd momentum and excitement.

Some would argue(who have now leff the forum) that it was 1 up front and 2 out wide, but what do I know 😉

25/2/2024 5:03 PM  #14

Clearly not one of our best performances of the season, and one I had to follow remotely, but thankfully we got the job done.  Keeping tabs on progress via Flashscore comes with its own stresses - I put a lot of mental energy into staring at the 0-1 until it changed to 1-1.  It was only then I relaxed somewhat and sort of knew we’d probably have the momentum to go and win it from there.  I’ve got to do the same next Saturday, so I’d be very grateful if we could get out of sight nice and early. 😉
A couple more wins should see us secure the Bath double-header for next season I’d have thought, unless they do something anti-social and get promoted.  Some of their more recent terrace recruits are getting a bit excited at the prospect, although the vast majority of their seasoned followers are more realistic and acknowledge even one season in the National League would be financial suicide.  

Board footera