BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

13/2/2024 3:49 PM  #11

Re: National South club issued with winding up order

Guess whose match is off tonight. Clue you will find them in South Somerset. With Truro ground sharing at this rate their pitch will be used every day in April.

14/2/2024 4:42 AM  #12

Even before this postponement they were due to play at home every 4 days so things could get interesting in the next month or so.

14/2/2024 9:35 PM  #13

I see their chairman has now been signed off. Must be working under really stressful circumstances and fallen away. Sad to see.

They just need to call it quits and resign from the league.

16/2/2024 5:37 PM  #14

A couple of dry and at times bright sunny days here in the West Country, but with over 24 hours to go Taunton announced their home game v Maidstone was off. Anyone planning on going Tuesday I would check and double check the game is on.

Last edited by Charlie Bird (16/2/2024 7:30 PM)

16/2/2024 7:28 PM  #15

It’s Tuesday and no chance I’ll be travelling. Shame as I had this one down as an away game I was targeting.

It’s getting beyond a joke now, they’ll be playing Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and this rate. Effecting other clubs and players

Last edited by Wellard (16/2/2024 9:58 PM)

16/2/2024 7:31 PM  #16

Wellard wrote:

It’s Tuesday and a chance I’ll be travelling. Shame as I had this one down as an away game I was targeting.

It’s getting beyond a joke now, they’ll be playing Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and this rate. Affecting other clubs and players

Cheers Wellard - edited. Yes 9 weeks and 1 day of the season left and Taunton and Truro have 36 games to play between them of which 20 are home fixtures. Truro have played less than half of their home fixtures.

Last edited by Charlie Bird (17/2/2024 12:37 PM)

16/2/2024 8:01 PM  #17

Charlie Bird wrote:

Yes 9 weeks and 1 day of the season left and Taunton and Truro have 26 games to play.

Why have the league allowed Truro to play there? Bearing in mind Taunton's pitch problems - it seems a strange decision to have given them permission at this stage in the season. If it is in the rules - surely the league might have to reverse some of Taunton and Truro's home fixtures.

Last edited by Argus (16/2/2024 9:48 PM)

22/2/2024 11:24 AM  #18

Have just read that the winding up order by HMRC has been lifted as someone found some money down the back of the sofa and paid up what was owed, also transfer embargo lifted.

Board footera