BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

19/2/2024 3:06 PM  #21

Re: V Slough Town

Because he's unregistered himself, I can't private message Funny Old Game which was my intention.  So reluctantly I have to say what I wanted to say,  in public:-  "FOG... your de-registration is a loss to the Forum.  As you attend  so many Away games in  support of the Team, I've recently found your brief analysis of games has  been very valuable and one of the few sources of a fan's perspective on an away game. Your "combative" , sometimes dismissive style doesn't always make you friends, but you stick to what you believe in and obviously  only  have the best interests of the club at heart. I think we have lost  an important voice and the forum will be  the poorer for it.  Re-consider... or re-invent yourself "

19/2/2024 5:45 PM  #22

Simon, I did not complain it was just a request to turn PA down or not shout into microphone.
I take it from your response you are not going to turn volume down a notch or two or not shout into microphone

19/2/2024 7:26 PM  #23

frank wrote:

Simon, I did not complain it was just a request to turn PA down or not shout into microphone.
I take it from your response you are not going to turn volume down a notch or two or not shout into microphone

It kinds of sounds like you're complaining 😃

19/2/2024 9:39 PM  #24

Rambler wrote:

Because he's unregistered himself, I can't private message Funny Old Game which was my intention.  So reluctantly I have to say what I wanted to say,  in public:-  "FOG... your de-registration is a loss to the Forum.  As you attend  so many Away games in  support of the Team, I've recently found your brief analysis of games has  been very valuable and one of the few sources of a fan's perspective on an away game. Your "combative" , sometimes dismissive style doesn't always make you friends, but you stick to what you believe in and obviously  only  have the best interests of the club at heart. I think we have lost  an important voice and the forum will be  the poorer for it.  Re-consider... or re-invent yourself "

Well said Rambler. If we all agreed with each other all the time the forum would be a rather boring place.

20/2/2024 1:38 AM  #25

I  cannot see how Frank’s comments about the PA system can be interpreted as a complaint. To me it was a polite request one which I happen to agree with him re the volume. Can’t see it is much to do with the PA. system itself as when the  teams  are announced  in what l would describe as a normal hearing level but when we score WOW. It’s deafening and whilst admiring the enthusiasm please tone it down a few decibels.

20/2/2024 10:42 AM  #26

Joiner wrote:

I  cannot see how Frank’s comments about the PA system can be interpreted as a complaint. To me it was a polite request one which I happen to agree with him re the volume. Can’t see it is much to do with the PA. system itself as when the  teams  are announced  in what l would describe as a normal hearing level but when we score WOW. It’s deafening and whilst admiring the enthusiasm please tone it down a few decibels.

Yes I would agree, and whilst not a lot can be done at this moment with the PA system I would say it is too loud at the moment, and I'm hard of hearing most of the time!

Hopefully something the club can look at over the summer.

20/2/2024 8:00 PM  #27

I've never noticed the pa being too loud when at games, but have had a couple of non football friends who live 10-15 mins form the ground saying they can hear it on matchdays

Board footera