BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

17/2/2024 11:43 PM  #11

Re: V Slough Town

Wellard wrote:

I thought that was the case, else we’d be playing 6 defenders. Funny Old Game talking rubbish again then.

Wellard why don’t you stick to moaning about Gary not waving hello at you before a game.  Maybe you can make a cardboard sign asking for a wave or his shirt at the next home game?

We played the same formation as we do most games. 3 defenders, 2 wingbacks, 2 central midfielders and 3 forwards. Aaron played down the middle instead of Matt. Fas and Williams played either side of him. In previous games that has been called 1 up front to some, when it’s really 3.  We did not play 2 strikers up front. That made for a different dynamic to our play and worked well at times.

We lost a defender to a red and Freddie Grant came off injured so I’m not sure if we see it again anytime soon now.

18/2/2024 8:35 AM  #12

Hilarious, why get all aggressive and personal. But can I borrow your sign that’s says I love Gary, he can do no wrong, love FOG
You stick to disagreeing with everyone else’s opinion because yours is always right. 🙄
And we wonder why crowds are dropping.

Last edited by Wellard (18/2/2024 7:29 PM)

18/2/2024 4:09 PM  #13

I cannot stress enough (AGAIN)

I am not Funny Old Game, this has been confirmed as such by Admin (Blackpool Bluebird) and whilst I am all for spirited debate and everyone’s opinion being valid. Once again, this is personal and my name has been explicitly used in something that doesn’t concern me.

As mentioned before I have my opinions and you don’t have to look far to find them at every home game and most away fixtures, I’m always happy to chat to any of our supporters and discuss whatever they are concerned with.

In recent times I’ve used this forum as a way to gauge albeit anonymous the source, concerns from our fan base pertinent to my role as Commerical Manager and in large, regards the faltering crowds at the TS Stadium.

I beg of you, please email me on commercial@chippenhamtown.com should you wish to discuss anything you feel can help our situation or if you simply want your opinion listened too and deliberated with a club official. Wellard, I now speak directly to you as you seem certain I am Funny Old Game using not one but two usernames. I assure you this is not the case, however you wish me to prove this to you within reason I am happy to do however, for someone so certain they know Simon well enough to make the accusation, I am inviting you for a pint on Saturday (on me of course) in the Bluebirds Bar so as you can introduce yourself to me and I can offer you assurances that I not only am not FOG but I have ZERO personal agenda against any forum user, supporter or their right to an opinion whether it differs from mine or not. And just in closing, your opinion DEFINITELY differs from mine and find myself agreeing more with the likes of Funny Old Game however, that doesn’t mean I don’t think you have a right to one.

I did wrestle with whether to respond to this at all however by my silence it looks suspicious and whilst posting on here has been discouraged due to its anonymity and controversy at times, directly accusing ‘Simon’ of going after one of our supporters even under an alias could be extremely detrimental to my job which without putting too fine a slant on it, pays my bills, raises my child, supports my family. It’s an honour to work for this amazing football club and its supporters but please. Use the correct channels and be the change you want to see in the club. I can help you, so can others. Ultimately we all want the same thing. COYB

Last edited by TheVoice (18/2/2024 4:19 PM)

18/2/2024 5:02 PM  #14

You were right to respond, Simon... if you are in any doubt. From my point of view, your intervention was timely, even overdue. There has been some personal stuff over the last few years  on this Forum  that really has no place among supporters who all ultimately want only the best for their Club. There is no separate "Blue-Tinted Brigade" ( among whom I would count myself an Honourable Member). We are all blue-tinted which is why we post on a Fans' Forum for Heaven's Sake. Anything that smacks of a personal attack is not only unhealthy.. but more worryingly discourages others from posting, because they don't want a mauling from some of those big beasts on the Forum who are sharp with their tongues and pens. Healthy debate and disagreement doesn't need accusations and counter-accusations. That said, I can almost certainly  expect kickback from posting this... but luckily I am now a little too old and a little too weary ( and wary) to let it bother me too much.

On another matter entirely.  It's hard to conceive that the Taunton game will be on given the state of  water tables at present... ie way above normal levels... meaning their pitch is wildly unlikely to dry out enough in time to be playable.  Another additional April fixture??

18/2/2024 5:36 PM  #15

Rambler, something I myself have likely been guilty of in the past so I don’t profess to waltz in with a new title and a condescending mindset however I felt it important to once again stress that it’s not my way to hide under a new alias when my core job is to ensure supporters enjoy our product and can converse with the club freely without judgement.

I personally believe that a time is coming soon to address certain issues, a fans forum of sorts in person where ideas and concerns can be discussed freely with those who run your club inclusive of the manager who runs the department we care about most. Gary has long impressed on me that he wouldn’t mind doing something like this as he considers himself very accessible as a manager and approachable. The only issue I foresee with this is the challenge being people will have to step out from under the cloud of the forum alias and forever remove the anonymity in order for it to work so I fear that protecting that will leave questions unanswered and change very slight if at all.

I’ve always said it takes an army, I am one man who does his best, as are many others. I’ve read over recent weeks that we don’t care, that we are close knit and clique’s prevent volunteers, that we don’t listen, that issues are ignored etc and I can assure you that’s not the case. Not so long ago I offered a sit down, an open forum of sorts to discuss ongoing club matters. Perhaps something like this again isn’t far off should there be an appetite for it?

18/2/2024 6:14 PM  #16

Simon, please can you do me a favour and turn the PA down a notch or two or not shout into microphone.
The PA system is not up to the volume and it becomes very distorted as well as making my ears hurt
Thanks

18/2/2024 7:01 PM  #17

I did go that Forum a while back, and although its focus was entirely commercial/marketing matters, it was very useful-- especially as, besides yourself outlining the Club's marketing strategy, The Chairman was there and able to give definitive views on things..as well as make clear the club's spending priorities and income streams. He also talked about the likelihood of a  4G pitch.  Mark Collier used to do a "Meet the Manager" session(s?) in July   if I remember, that focused on all things from a Playing point of view.  The one I went to was pretty poorly attended. I'd be interested in knowing from others how a re-vamped Supporters' Club could function and why the old one expired. Definitely welcome the opportunity for a face-to-face with Gary Horgan ... especially as there has been so much debate about our playing patterns.. particularly up front... as well as the passing around at the back to entice the press. It would be important to have this , however difficult to set up and fit in, during the Playing Season, I think, while issues are live and to the fore. The Close Season ones are always going to be poorly attended I'd guess.
As for people not stepping out from the shadows of anonymity.. hopefully they will be in a comfortable minority. They'll be missing out on an opportunity to listen to and question people that run the Club.

18/2/2024 7:26 PM  #18

Frank, that’s noted Sir and to offer a response. When the PA system was installed the Chairman and I conducted noise tests around the ground and neighbouring areas and placed markers on the PA system to NOT EXCEED. Sadly without a large cost to ourselves restructuring the internal sound is nigh on impossible so the PA is much more audible in areas like the Main Stand and VP Lounge. We are constantly trying to address the PA to perfect it however, your complaint of noise is in a VERY small minority of spectators that don’t enjoy being able to clearly hear music and announcements.

Rambler, yes I remember your attendance and whilst the meeting was at the time to address matters of Commercial activity and Marketing Strat, I wholeheartedly believe that our biggest Commericial gain is supporters in the stadium on match days and this is a view the club shares. As for setting up a ‘Meet the Manager’ style sit down with Gary, he would genuinely tell you that any supporter can have one, every game, over a pint, a pint he has even offered to buy if a supporter would like to discuss with him playing style, personality or any issues pertaining to his position within CTFC. I’m not as Wellard would have you believe of the impression Gary Horgan is a flawless and faultless manager, he is like a lot of us, a work in progress and a man who works tirelessly for this football club and its patrons. For this he has my unyielding respect and often that can be confused as misplaced admiration as it has in this case. But one thing I do know about Gary from my years of knowing him and working alongside him at CTFC, you won’t find a more personable and approachable man in football. I urge supporters to take advantage of this opportunity if nothing else, you’ll come out with an understanding of why things are done a certain way by the current management team.

18/2/2024 7:51 PM  #19

Rambler wrote:

I did go that Forum a while back, and although its focus was entirely commercial/marketing matters, it was very useful-- especially as, besides yourself outlining the Club's marketing strategy, The Chairman was there and able to give definitive views on things..as well as make clear the club's spending priorities and income streams. He also talked about the likelihood of a  4G pitch.  Mark Collier used to do a "Meet the Manager" session(s?) in July   if I remember, that focused on all things from a Playing point of view.  The one I went to was pretty poorly attended. I'd be interested in knowing from others how a re-vamped Supporters' Club could function and why the old one expired. Definitely welcome the opportunity for a face-to-face with Gary Horgan ... especially as there has been so much debate about our playing patterns.. particularly up front... as well as the passing around at the back to entice the press. It would be important to have this , however difficult to set up and fit in, during the Playing Season, I think, while issues are live and to the fore. The Close Season ones are always going to be poorly attended I'd guess.
As for people not stepping out from the shadows of anonymity.. hopefully they will be in a comfortable minority. They'll be missing out on an opportunity to listen to and question people that run the Club.

Me too! I think an energetic Supporters' Club could be a real asset to CTFC. A preliminary discussion among interested fans while the season is still live, would be good.

18/2/2024 9:48 PM  #20

On another matter entirely.  It's hard to conceive that the Taunton game will be on given the state of  water tables at present... ie way above normal levels... meaning their pitch is wildly unlikely to dry out enough in time to be playable.  Another additional April fixture??

Apart from the two weeks involving Good Friday and Easter Monday Taunton’s pitch is only free on one Tuesday - March 19th until the end of the season.  Plus both Taunton and Truro have two more home games each to rearrange already so if our game is called off this Tuesday it’s likely to be played on a Thursday in March/ April.

Board footera