BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

13/2/2024 5:43 PM  #1

Tony Lee

Proven goal scorer has said he wants to leave Poole. Think we put in for him once, Does Matt McClure's contract finish at the end of this season? If he doesn't want to stay or club don't offer new contract it would free up some money. If Matt stays perhaps an appeal to fans (especially those who keep crying out for another striker) could be asked for a contribution - it happens at other clubs and as we don't have a supporters' club there is little alternative if the budget doesn't stretch - assuming the club are still interested.

Last edited by Charlie Bird (13/2/2024 5:49 PM)

13/2/2024 9:17 PM  #2

Re: Tony Lee

Why don't we have a supporters' club any more which could help fund a player? I speak as someone who, like you, was once a member of the supporters' club committee.

13/2/2024 10:58 PM  #3

Sounds like a job for Charlie or Dauntsey 😉

13/2/2024 11:03 PM  #4

Charlie Bird wrote:

Proven goal scorer has said he wants to leave Poole. Think we put in for him once, Does Matt McClure's contract finish at the end of this season? If he doesn't want to stay or club don't offer new contract it would free up some money. If Matt stays perhaps an appeal to fans (especially those who keep crying out for another striker) could be asked for a contribution - it happens at other clubs and as we don't have a supporters' club there is little alternative if the budget doesn't stretch - assuming the club are still interested.

He’s gone to Totton

14/2/2024 12:19 AM  #5

Dauntsey Boys wrote:

Why don't we have a supporters' club any more which could help fund a player? I speak as someone who, like you, was once a member of the supporters' club committee.

This is something I think all clubs should have, and of course the option to donate to a budget boost or something similar.

Board footera