BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/2/2024 8:16 AM  #21

Re: V Braintree

Chipp_Bluebird wrote:

johnnycomelately wrote:

I was just below the tea hut, it seemed to me  me he is a severely troubled young man and the club handled him very sensitively.

I hope the club can find him the help he needs but if he is as troubled as he is, should he be anywhere near the football club. This is by no means the first incident and what will he do next. I have been messaged since I posted by another user who informs me that the stewards were particularly aggressive with him and had roughed him up before he ran up to the tea bar, not first time stewards have been seen to want a fight.

It’s my first time at posting on here and thought I would give you my side of what I seen by the clubhouse. The stewards are doing what they are supposed to do. The young lad clearly has issues and doesn’t listen to anybody. The stewards didn’t start it. The lad threw his chips onto the pitch and the ref wouldn’t start the game and then the lad punched the clubhouse causing slight damage. Steward then into talk to him, he clearly wasn’t listing and started kicking out at everybody.
His father was sat in the stand was asked 2-3 times to go and help with him and refused. He said he was here to watch the football and they could sort his son out.

My opinion it always looks worse than what it is and clearly the lad has issues. In banning him would make the club look bad and not helping people who have problems, but on the other hand the lad has to listen to what is being said and start to help himself.

My next thing I witness today was the lady from the turnstile abusing the ref as he walked down the tunnel. This will cost the club money if charged if the ref puts it in his report. Surely this is worse than what happen to the lad.

11/2/2024 9:30 AM  #22

Most volunteers are supporters and get emotionally involved, to expect them to keep quiet is unrealistic in my view.

That referee was one of the worst we have ever seen and any abuse he got from the crowd was fully warranted.

11/2/2024 10:15 AM  #23

Stop bleating on about what a ‘supporter’ did or didn’t do. If the club have imposed a ban that’s good enough for me.
The reason there is no atmosphere is that the team is under performing (or IMO reached the limits of it’s ability).
Chippenham are in a League with the big boys and are punching above their weight. We are extremely lucky to have team at this level.
Someone said they are by no means ‘safe’, well lets hope they can get across the line!

11/2/2024 10:29 AM  #24

Supporter in question isn't the board members son on this occasion, happy to retract that.

But the lad I'm on about is a trouble maker and has been responsible for a lot of incidents this season. He still needs to be banned. Initials LJ.

11/2/2024 10:57 AM  #25

Sounds like an FA charge may be incoming for not being in control of the supporters for the various incidents of yesterday. Wonder if the lad and the turnstile operator will be willing to dip into their pockets to pay the fine for their behaviour if raised. Don't see what the club can do with the lad with seemingly mental health issues, if he isn't stable enough to behave, he shouldn't be there, pure and simple, the club is quite rightly not equipped to deal with that sort of behaviour.

Agree about the football not being great but the singers were loud regardless, let's hope they return in the future games and we can discuss more positive things on here.

11/2/2024 10:57 AM  #26

Like many I am sick and tired of coming to home games only to see a team selection which appears to be based on defending whereas as the “home” side we should be far more positive. How is that away from home with the exception of the recent game at Tonbridge we play with a far more positive game plan? The league table clearly shows this.
The Club made a major investment in getting Matt McClure, a proven goal scorer in a National League North side, only to play him on his own up front.
Watching home games as the season has progressed has got more and more boring. The Management Team should take note because attendances drive income, which at the level we play at is critical.

Last edited by chippy (11/2/2024 11:34 AM)

11/2/2024 12:04 PM  #27

Could someone remind me why this lad was banned? If ban was lifted would he come back anyway as given it seems it was a number of months ago don’t suppose he has just been sitting at home on Saturday afternoons doing nothing. Not sure what the club can do though with regards improving the atmosphere apart from seeing a game worth getting excited about. Which leads onto yesterday’s game.
FunnyOld Games view on the game seems different from just about every other posting. “ Looked good for most of the game” really! From what l was watching we were awful and clueless throughout the game. As for saying Braintree only has three shots agree true but forgot to mention we had two and one of those ended up on the hockey pitch. 
Comment after comment keeps saying why do we play with one striker at home. And yesterday felt really sorry,as usual, for Fas as battling away on his own and when on the few occasions we were in a position to get the ball into there penalty area there he was alone with 4 defenders around him. And then to take him off and leave McClure as the sole striker absolutely baffling. Seems to me team selection is based on a totally defensive approach to the game. Not only playing at home constantly with just one striker but leaving one of our more creative midfield players,Caine Bradbury, on the bench just can’t understand it.Approach seems to be geared to holding onto one point rather than going for three. This is not meant to be a criticism of the players they go out and play to a system they are told to play. All results in boring negative football  which hardly helps in creating a crowd atmosphere.
One positive about yesterday’s game. Wasn’t it nice to not have that awful music blaring out at halftime.  Gave you chance to have a conversation without having to shout.

11/2/2024 12:16 PM  #28

Boring football, we need a striker!!
A manager that doesn’t engage with fans, Coupe always chats and says hello with those stood near the dugouts. Never a word out of Horgan.
We have been very poor at managing large crowds or any sign of trouble.
We’ve signed two expensive players who’ve spent more time injured.
We set up to defend at home.
The club never asks for volunteers, it appears very clicky and not an open house.
All this leads a very poor match day experience which won’t grow the fan base.
Clearly we must be doing it worng, as nearly every club at our level have increased crowds since covid, but not us.

Last edited by Wellard (11/2/2024 1:46 PM)

11/2/2024 1:02 PM  #29

Dauntsey Boys wrote:

The atmosphere today from CTFC supporters was non-existent. Not only wasn't there a single chant all game, the seats normally occupied by the fans who make all of the noise, were empty. The fall-out from the supporter being banned, has presumably resulted in his friends boycotting our games. If we're going to be playing National South football again next season, we need all of the help we can get. Surely there's a case for ending his ban now. At the same time, the players need to play their part too. The engagement between the supporters and the players, is at an all time low. Luke Russe and Spencer Hamilton really knew how to work the crowd when they were here. Fans want heroes. They want to celebrate goals with them. Nowadays at full-time, even when we've played well, most fans have left the ground by the time the players stroll over. I accept its a two-way process, and improvements from both sides are required, but if things don't change soon, the atmosphere is just going to get worse.

Atmosphere at Bromley away was superb and I recall Gary didn’t come over to thank the fans after the game

11/2/2024 4:56 PM  #30

Cooky wrote:

Atmosphere at Bromley away was superb and I recall Gary didn’t come over to thank the fans after the game

He definitely came over and clapped, don’t think he needs to do anymore than that imo

Board footera