BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/2/2024 10:46 PM  #11

Re: V Braintree

johnnycomelately wrote:

I was just below the tea hut, it seemed to me  me he is a severely troubled young man and the club handled him very sensitively.

I hope the club can find him the help he needs but if he is as troubled as he is, should he be anywhere near the football club. This is by no means the first incident and what will he do next. I have been messaged since I posted by another user who informs me that the stewards were particularly aggressive with him and had roughed him up before he ran up to the tea bar, not first time stewards have been seen to want a fight.

10/2/2024 11:01 PM  #12

We created little and once again were not good going forward - negative stuff really. The only tactic it seems is to stay in position and don't get caught by a counter attack. Maybe OK if you are away to a Yeovil but not great when playing at home. It never gets changed either- we keep playing the same way with one isolated striker. Don't know about the injury situation but AAH was on the bench - could he not be brought on up front with someone alongside him? Or McClure coming on and playing alongside another forward instead of being a like for like replacement for the lone striker Fas? It seems we are drifting. Still believe an out and out striker who demands decent service is needed - might shake things up.

Think the match officials did get concerned with the person on top of the kiosk but people were quickly around the situation so the game carried on.

Would be interesting to know if the club have any plans or initiatives to improve attendances and the atmosphere. The lack of atmosphere/local community engagement is seemingly becoming the norm and as with most norms, will be challenging to change.

Last edited by Argus (11/2/2024 4:52 PM)

10/2/2024 11:46 PM  #13

A rather dull game (again) with a disappointing result. Thank goodness for the Braintree fans who created some atmosphere. Why oh why do we play one up front at home when it rarely works (just look at the results!) No wonder home attendances are poor. It seems we need a Twine, Parsons or Aguiar type loanee to liven things up.

If the lad on the roof needs help I hope he gets it.

On a more positive note well done to those who look after the pitch, although no doubt heavy to play on today it could have been a lot worse considering recent weather.

11/2/2024 12:12 AM  #14

The lad in question is a board member/directors son and is able to get away with anything, which in turn has put others off coming to games, notably the singers.

Not sure what to do about atmosphere but bringing them back and not being so soft would improves things.

Club is very detached from the fan base if you ask me.

11/2/2024 1:06 AM  #15

BombsHaway wrote:

The lad in question is a board member/directors son

He isn't.

11/2/2024 1:11 AM  #16

BombsHaway wrote:

The lad in question is a board member/directors son and is able to get away with anything, which in turn has put others off coming to games, notably the singers.

Not sure what to do about atmosphere but bringing them back and not being so soft would improves things.

Club is very detached from the fan base if you ask me.

The lad isn't anything to do with board/directors, he is just a regular supporter from what I have been told. 

I agree about being detached from the fan base totally. I overheard a rather interesting conversation in the bar at half time this afternoon, where it was hinted that the reason the singers are no longer there is because the board shut the 'ultras' down as they were causing 'trouble'. Was also said the board would rather have a quiet and peaceful ground than the singing and atmosphere. As I have said previously, if I was Gary Horgan I would be having a word and asking what is going on and why they have seemingly shut down and discouraged these lads from creating an atmosphere as it must have an effect on the players. I haven't seen any running battles in the stadium or anything that would be classed as trouble in the slightest, other than a bit of posturing when they shared a stand with visitors, which is commonplace in the majority of grounds across the country. If the board think those lads were trouble, they ought to go to an EFL game and they will see that it is perfectly normal to have a bit of banter and 'pleasantries/posturing' exchanged and this is in grounds where there is in most cases a thin bit of netting and a few stewards separating thousands of fans, yet it very rare there is major disorder.

Last edited by Chipp_Bluebird (11/2/2024 1:18 AM)

11/2/2024 1:14 AM  #17

The atmosphere today from CTFC supporters was non-existent. Not only wasn't there a single chant all game, the seats normally occupied by the fans who make all of the noise, were empty. The fall-out from the supporter being banned, has presumably resulted in his friends boycotting our games. If we're going to be playing National South football again next season, we need all of the help we can get. Surely there's a case for ending his ban now. At the same time, the players need to play their part too. The engagement between the supporters and the players, is at an all time low. Luke Russe and Spencer Hamilton really knew how to work the crowd when they were here. Fans want heroes. They want to celebrate goals with them. Nowadays at full-time, even when we've played well, most fans have left the ground by the time the players stroll over. I accept its a two-way process, and improvements from both sides are required, but if things don't change soon, the atmosphere is just going to get worse.

11/2/2024 1:32 AM  #18

Dauntsey Boys wrote:

The atmosphere today from CTFC supporters was non-existent. Not only wasn't there a single chant all game, the seats normally occupied by the fans who make all of the noise, were empty. The fall-out from the supporter being banned, has presumably resulted in his friends boycotting our games. If we're going to be playing National South football again next season, we need all of the help we can get. Surely there's a case for ending his ban now. At the same time, the players need to play their part too. The engagement between the supporters and the players, is at an all time low. Luke Russe and Spencer Hamilton really knew how to work the crowd when they were here. Fans want heroes. They want to celebrate goals with them. Nowadays at full-time, even when we've played well, most fans have left the ground by the time the players stroll over. I accept its a two-way process, and improvements from both sides are required, but if things don't change soon, the atmosphere is just going to get worse.

At some home games recently have heard a couple chants of we want our smiffy? back and no smiffy? no party, which may be referring to the banned supporter. It was sad today to see none of them there, the team need the atmosphere as you say more than ever and they have gone. The banned supporter has served I reckon at least 4 months by now. Surely at this point the board should consider picking up the phone and giving him a final final warning and making the last couple months of the ban, a suspended sentence as such. 

Last edited by Chipp_Bluebird (11/2/2024 1:33 AM)

11/2/2024 1:52 AM  #19

There's a precedent for bans ending early when a person hasn't been involved in any further trouble. Football Banning Orders issued by a court can, on application, be withdrawn after two thirds of the ban has been served. As we're only talking about a club ban, it's entirely within the gift of CTFC to end it without any further delay.

11/2/2024 2:36 AM  #20

Dauntsey Boys wrote:

There's a precedent for bans ending early when a person hasn't been involved in any further trouble. Football Banning Orders issued by a court can, on application, be withdrawn after two thirds of the ban has been served. As we're only talking about a club ban, it's entirely within the gift of CTFC to end it without any further delay.

I don't think the supporter involved has even attempted to go to a game and has from what I gather stayed away since being banned. If anything there have been more problems since he has been away than whilst he was in the ground with the emergence of the individual on the roof today. Interesting to know about a FBO can be withdrawn after two thirds have been completed. The supporter seemingly has a clean slate since being banned. It has been a good few months since he was banned as well. Final decision is with Mr Blackmore I guess but when you consider he hasn't been to games and he has served a considerable ban already, it could be seen as reasonable to let him come back on the basis the last two months are suspended ban and if he plays up he is straight out again and is banned indefinitely. The offence seems something relatively minor as the police have not pressed any charges or been involved and if it was something that was serious you would think they would have been involved. If giving the individual (smiffy?) a last chance brings his friends and some atmosphere back to the ground then it is potentially something for the club to look at and for Mr Blackmore to review. It is clearly something that the wider fanbase have strong feelings about for them to be boycotting games, if that is the case.  

Last edited by Chipp_Bluebird (11/2/2024 2:39 AM)

Board footera