BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28/1/2024 11:24 AM  #11

Re: Bluebirds v H & W

blackandamber1 wrote:

Bromley & Torquay are my last forays to watch the Bluebirds this season! They have accepted their mantle of ‘mid table’.
At least STFC have shown a massive improvement under Gunning! Easily worth the extra expense.

As someone who has an interest in both clubs this is the funniest thing I've read all month

28/1/2024 11:40 AM  #12

Amazing comment, that club is only going one way and let me tell you, it's not up. Ticking clock before they eventually join us in the Vanarama system.

28/1/2024 2:06 PM  #13

I personally see where Blackandamber is coming from.
I know a wins a win
But 5 wins at home all season and we play like the away team….again
We Spent I most of the match camped in our own half, with the odd attack into their half. Playing one up front just invites that pressure.
Hardly a great tactic to get people through the turnstiles.

29/1/2024 12:31 PM  #14

With the squad that Gary and Matt had available and an 18 year old loanee defender from Southampton straight into the starting 11,I would have gladly taken a point. Havant are a big physical side. They have a large budget. Pre season they were expected to be challenging for the playoffs.But they are a club with problems. A lot of players have come and gone this season. You could see early on there team spirit was very low. There big numbers 5 and 6 spent the game mouthing off at their own players. You could see there confidence as a group was very low.  The first goal in this game was always going to be massive. And when Caine Bradbury danced past a couple of there defenders and wiped the ball across the goal into the bottom corner it was a big relief. With some excellent defending and that all important bit of luck. Including some woeful finishing from Havant we hung on to take a massive 3 points for the club. Today was all about getting the points and getting some form going. We have really missed Ed Williams and Tom  Mehew they have have been are driving force. So it was really good to see them both very close to fitness warming up at half time. The game was poor but the effort and the Will to win and take those vital 3 points was fantastic. As for Swindon Town I’m not really bothered about them.
A very good win in the end. Well done Gary and Matt. It felt good to win again at home.  And the whole squad gave 100%.  We now need to take this effort to struggling Tonbridge and bring back the result. Cum on you Bluebirds. 😎

Board footera