BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16/11/2023 6:57 PM  #1

Gloucester

Looks like the merry go round at Gloucester continues.
Bottom of the league,
Chippenham old boys barely playing g or playing poorly.
Numerous managers over the last few season.
Chairman resigned.
Gobby money man is coming back, who wanted the season to continue during covid without fans because he could bankroll it ….then walking away.

Careful what you wish for folks. Chippenham while may not not have the biggest budget or crowds and may have reached their level or arguably playing above it at the moment, but one of the best run clubs in the league.
A great academy, mostly stable management appointments and likely to have very little dept.

Last edited by Wellard (17/11/2023 4:57 PM)

17/11/2023 3:44 PM  #2

Re: Gloucester

Couldn’t agree more. Losing the players we did in the summer was a shock but I think long term the best thing that happened in the summer. Joe Parker is back to his worst and Spencer Hamilton hasn’t kicked a football.   Had a soft spot for Joe Hanks but we are in a better place without him.  They seem a complete mess and given Mike’s previous relationship with the owner he may well leave there again.

As for us, our biggest concern seems to be how we take goal kicks as we sit in a good position with a new team and our most senior players yet to come back. I’ve said it before, our academy is brilliant, the volume of players we are producing and how they perform in games is brilliant. We have all the foundations in place to eventually move on another level - that level is a big  jump though.

Look forward to being brought back down to earth by Basingstoke.

17/11/2023 10:05 PM  #3

The owner has given Mike Cook his backing....we know what that usually means. As for Mr Cook he has been quoted as saying "we're not shopping at Harrods anymore, we're now shopping at Aldi" 

18/11/2023 12:20 AM  #4

Chipp54 wrote:

The owner has given Mike Cook his backing....we know what that usually means. As for Mr Cook he has been quoted as saying "we're not shopping at Harrods anymore, we're now shopping at Aldi" 

Didn’t he leave us because of the budget? Oh the Irony.

03/12/2023 9:30 AM  #5

Will Richards will play for them in a county cup game this week coming, according to Mike Cook

03/12/2023 1:59 PM  #6

03/12/2023 9:01 PM  #7

Thank you for doing the leg work, Dauntsey! 

03/12/2023 10:08 PM  #8

96chipp wrote:

Thank you for doing the leg work, Dauntsey! 

No worries 96chipp. Thanks for sharing the news. I went searching for an interview with Mike Cook because I couldn't/didn't want to believe it was true.

03/12/2023 10:41 PM  #9

Would have liked to see Will Richards come back to us. Perhaps past his best now but probably still very useful at this level.

04/12/2023 12:54 AM  #10

I'm sure we would've had him if not for our strength at centre back. Hope he's fit for our FA Trophy game with Gloucester, would add even more to the spectacle.

Board footera