BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

25/11/2023 9:35 AM  #1

Hampton and Richmond

Does anyone know if there is a pitch inspection. It’s minus 3.6 outside and frosty.

25/11/2023 11:30 AM  #2

Re: Hampton and Richmond

With the sun being out the pitch should thaw before 1500. Half of my garden has already. 

25/11/2023 11:44 AM  #3

Chris43 wrote:

With the sun being out the pitch should thaw before 1500. Half of my garden has already. 

Has your garden got a stand? Just been up to look at pitch bottom goal and stand side very frosty, but as you say sun should rule, unless we get another woke ref.

25/11/2023 12:39 PM  #4

No, it's got a wall on one side which simulates the conditions at the ground. As you say, it'll depend on the ref and the key factor is whether the temperature rises enough to thaw the part of the pitch that the sunshine won't get to. 

25/11/2023 12:48 PM  #5

I'd be amazed if the pitch was deemed unfit.  We've only had one night of frost.. and the first of the winter, as well, so the soil has hardly hardened - if  at all.  It's after successive nights of frost you have to worry as it hardens the ground beneath to a greater and greater depth.  The frosted grass is no problem at all... Game on.. I'm sure.

25/11/2023 4:16 PM  #6

Not the best start: 1-0 down after only 4 minutes. 

25/11/2023 4:38 PM  #7

Oh dear, now 2-0 down…it’s going to be a long afternoon. 

25/11/2023 5:53 PM  #8

We’re back in it!…now 1-2.

25/11/2023 6:20 PM  #9

We were never really in it until Dan Ellison scored right at the end. Then we seemed to switch on. When you gift two cheap goals and continue to play with such a lacklustre attack. When will we learn the lessons - it took H&R just 3 mins to work out that if they press hard on our goal clearances, there is every chance they can pounce on a mistake

25/11/2023 6:34 PM  #10

Remember it’s not faffing about at the back it’s, trying to beat the press 🤣
Had most of the possession 2nd half but again 2 mistakes nearly cost us another couple of goals. Only poor finishing saved us.
Barley hard a shot on goal.
With Windsor gone, hopefully we’ll see some movement in this area, as Matt Mclure is cutting a frustrated figure up front and drops very deep to link the play, a nice loan. Maybe.
Disappointing crowd again, was hoping a few would come back after the Yeovil game.

Board footera