BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22/11/2023 8:24 PM  #11

Re: Yeovil

A very enjoyable evening, proper game of football between two sides playing a good passing game. I agree with previous comments Yeovil will most likely stay on top and go straight back up. As for MOTM I could have given it to any one of nine players (won't mention the other two in case they read this!) A really good advert for this level of football, and in particular Chippenham Town FC. (Thought I spotted the Wrexham manager wandering around, quite possible as they play Yeovil in the cup soon).

23/11/2023 1:20 AM  #12

Having an enjoyable read on Twitter. It would seem our admins have caused quite a stir with some of their fans with some light hearted banter. Probably the small children hoping around outside the ground asking others if they ‘wanted some’

23/11/2023 9:31 AM  #13

I've been reading some of that as well Simon(Voice), love the way they slag off smaller clubs, given they were in the Championship a few year back. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

23/11/2023 2:11 PM  #14

The more observant of you will have seen Marcus Stewart on the Yeovil bench as part of the back room staff/coaches.
Ex Bristol City/Rovers, Ipswich, Sunderland TK bame a few. Decent striker in his day and rumoured at one point to be close to and England call up.
Sadly last year diagnosed with MND.

23/11/2023 8:19 PM  #15

Thanks for solving that puzzle Wellard. Saw some Yeovil staff around the main stand before kick off. One face was familiar but could not put a name to him - Marcus Stewart. As you say - a good player in his day. Know he is well regarded at Sunderland and banged in a good number of goals in the Premier League for Ipswich. Sure he started at Rovers when they played at Twerton. Just read that he does a lot raising awareness around MND. Admire these guys who played at the top level but operate now at non league level. Once again shows that this league is a serious standard with serious professionals involved at certain clubs.

Last edited by Argus (24/11/2023 5:41 AM)

Board footera