BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

21/11/2023 11:25 PM  #1

Yeovil

Huge crowd, excellent game to watch and a very good and deserved point against the league leaders. Superb work rate from everyone - not sure I'd agree with Freddy as MOTM, but he certainly played well (I would probably give it to Will Henry). Hope we still have enough in the tank for Saturday which will be another tough game.

Just a reminder to the club. A chant of "Where's your caravan" - whilst I'm not sure who the Yeovil fans were aiming that at - is racist and should have been recorded and mentioned to the ref. Looks like someone in that crowd also threw an item on the pitch too, which Haines showed the ref.

21/11/2023 11:45 PM  #2

Re: Yeovil

Another spirited Chippenham performance tonight, really enjoyed that. Great atmosphere as well, something special about midweek games. Impressive point against a Yeovil side that have blown past a lot of teams in past couple of months. We even had a couple of chances near the end to steal a winner. Think that will be a memorable night as far as this season goes.

21/11/2023 11:48 PM  #3

Tremendous performance, they put us under a lot or pressure but I thought we were superb from 1 to 11 (in old money), and putting Holloway up front when he came on really paid off.  What a very good day for the club, against what was probably the highest profile opposition we’ve played in a league game.  Shame about some of the Yeovil juveniles looking for trouble outside afterwards - just hope they’re not late for school in the morning. 

21/11/2023 11:48 PM  #4

Excellent watch. Good advert for National League South. Similar to games at home against higher level/professional outfits over recent seasons - we gave them a game and stood up to them. A deserved draw and a team performance to be applauded. Thought Yeovil looked like the professional outfit they are - quite sharp, especially their number 17 and were often probing in and around our penalty area. Our discipline and concentration levels were impressive. An enjoyable football match - not too much complication, two teams playing good football, an old school substitution in big Amadi Holloway going up front and crosses in the box having a big say in both team's goals. Put in crosses and things will happen.

Everyone on the pitch for Chippenham played a part tonight and we probably all have different opinions on a MOTM, but thought Ed Williams showed again that he is a quality footballer. Covered so much ground, always in a good position to receive a pass and don't think he gave the ball away all game. On the bigger crowd - aware that we are living in times which are financially challenging but hopefully some of those visiting for the first time, any former regulars, neutrals or those on an annual one off trip to HP tonight, decide to return on Saturday and coming weeks. The good standard of football at this level as demonstrated this evening, would be deserving of another look.

Last edited by Argus (23/11/2023 12:28 AM)

22/11/2023 12:17 AM  #5

Insideleft wrote:

Tremendous performance, they put us under a lot or pressure but I thought we were superb from 1 to 11 (in old money), and putting Holloway up front when he came on really paid off.  What a very good day for the club, against what was probably the highest profile opposition we’ve played in a league game.  Shame about some of the Yeovil juveniles looking for trouble outside afterwards - just hope they’re not late for school in the morning. 

I did have a little laugh to myself at them jumping around outside in the car park only to get bored and slope off into the night when they realised nobody was taking a blind bit of notice of them in their expensive designer gear with scarves round their faces.

22/11/2023 12:58 AM  #6

Impressive first half display. Looked tired second half and had a period of time where luck and Will Henry played a part. Then when we went 1-0 down played some good stuff and equalised.  Holloway great impact up front - a brave move but worked.  Two dead certain penalties for me were missed by the ref in the first half. Dan Ellison assaulted and then a clear looking handball.

What I like about this team is we can defend and mix it but can also play and pass. We were really well organised in tonight’s game - Great performance from every player.

My man or the match was Caine Bradbury but could have been almost anyone.

22/11/2023 1:30 PM  #7

Great game and MOTM could have been anyone, but thought Will Henry was my choice. Good to see a lot of old fans return, hope they come again. The different style of football from both teams was evident. We still try to play out from the back and almost cost a couple of times in the first half, whereas Yeovil direct goal kicks up field and no messing around at the back. Yeovil style of play has done them well, so far. There was not many fouls and thought the referee had a decent game. 

22/11/2023 1:55 PM  #8

Think Tuodolo should get a mention too, chucked in for his first game for us this season having been at Evesham on loan I think and after a slightly nervy first 10 minutes had a brilliant game, got up the pitch well and a few great tackles also.

Will Henry probably my man of the match but could've gone to anyone- Freddie Grant certainly a reasonable choice but thought the attackers and midfield did really well to keep the ball with Yeovil not giving us any time on it.

A great result against a team who certainly looked like the best in the league and a good start to a difficult run with Hampton & Richmond and Worthing up next and both in the playoff mix. Play at that level against them and we should do well.

Last edited by Eden (22/11/2023 1:56 PM)

22/11/2023 5:55 PM  #9

Good crowd,wonderful atmosphere.Thought every player turned up.Williams and Mehew work well in midfield,shame mayhew couldn’t finish his run off with a decent strike on goal at the start of the second half.Tuodolo deserves a run of games looks a decent full back.Holloway on as substitute certainly made a difference up front,begs the question is that the type of forward we are desperate for.Glad to see Will Henry taking proper goal kicks.Last night shows we can mix it with the better teams.Will be interesting to see if any of the big game supporters  come back on Saturday. The club deserve better from the folk of Chippenham.

22/11/2023 7:32 PM  #10

A brilliant game of football. It’s easy to see why Yeovil are walking away with the league. Probably the best side I’ve seen in a league game at Chippenham. But to be fair our young side went toe to toe with them. Yeovil would have won the possession stat. And shots on target. But we weren’t to far behind. I thought young Tuodolo was excellent and bursting with pace. And matched up really well to their tricky winger. Mehew and Williams have a forged an impressive central midfield partnership and our driving the team forward. Spokes and Haines have added some much needed power and strength. Be interesting to know who is the quickest player at the club over 20 meters. We have got a few real speed merchants now. And real pace scares opposition players. If you were watching for the first time or a fan returning. It would be hard to see how you couldn’t be impressed by the standard of football produced by both sides. Well done Gary, Matt and the lads. A great performance. Hopefully we can take this form into Saturday game. One thing is for sure I don’t think we will see a better side than Yeovil at home this season. Looking forward to Saturday. Cum on you Bluebird’s 😎

Last edited by Jono (22/11/2023 8:24 PM)

Board footera