BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28/10/2023 6:57 PM  #1

Welling (Away)

28/10/2023 9:04 PM  #2

Re: Welling (Away)

Once Jake Evans went off injured we were really poor after a solid start.

Started second half well and missed two good chances and then we couldnt make more than 3 passes. Probably the worst performance I’ve seen in terms of multiple individuals just not being able to do football basics. Unsure if it was the pitch but it looked bad, however Welling managed.

However, the character and defensive desire was excellent. Welling had some good chances but all long range efforts. Luke Haines MOTM for me.  We looked very tired and have lost Jake Evans and Alex Bray to injury it would seem. Tough day but well battled.

I think Welling will go down but I would imagine they are saying the same thing about us after today.

28/10/2023 9:10 PM  #3

Thought the lads battled hard on an absolute bog of a pitch, they won’t be getting much football on that come the winter.

losing Evans and then Bray was what swung it Welling’s way second half as Bray had been causing issues in the opening 45. Evans looks set to be out for a few weeks.

We were OK for parts, lacked the clinical edge in final third, and defended resolutely when we needed to, a much needed clean sheet and a good foundation to build on.

29/10/2023 1:07 PM  #4

Lucky to get away with a point, thanks to Will, the crossbar and shocking finishing. McClure is isolated playing up on his own, can’t we play someone up with him? Always seems to be the same formation. A point looks ok away from home but Welling were poor.

Board footera