BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

07/10/2023 6:31 PM  #11

Re: Dartford match, 7 October

As someone who goes home and away, we are a different team away from home. Play with more freedom. I’m too old to contribute to the atmosphere but since the contributors to the HP atmosphere have been banished we have been poor at home. Too many old farts who can’t keep their mouth shut.

Having said that, I thought the game was even in the first half, however giving them two penalties will not help in any scenario. Whether they’re penalties or not I couldn’t tell you, they looked soft and the second looked outside the box. Will Henry seems either brilliant or a disaster at the moment and today was the later. Losing Holloway is a blow too.

I’m presuming we still have no game next week?

07/10/2023 6:44 PM  #12

Joiner wrote:

Before Funny Old Game comes on moaning people posting because we lost l would just point out that more fans at home games than away games equals more people ,will post and spending 90 minutes watching that rubbish comments are needed.
Well looking at the last two home games you go along all optimistic thinking it's got to be better. Well today if anything it was worse. Awful,clueless aimless passing and well beaten by an ordinary team (speaking to a Dartford fan who said they have  not been good this season and weren't any better today - that says it all about how bad we were)
This fixation of continuing playing around at the back gets us nowhere. In fact,please note Funny Old Game, it has cost us 3 goals in the last 2 home games.
Tactics. Why does a proven goalscorer like Matt McClure have to hang around the half way line to have any chance of seeing the ball? Then no point hanging around the penalty area given the number of times the ball gets anywhere near it. Get the ball pass sideways or backwards seems to be the only tactic.If it hadn't been for Eddie Jones today (my MOM) down the wing our attacking play would have been non existent. And why was Will King on the bench as l understand he had a good game last week? Even at half time you could have picked any one of 6 or so players who he could have replaced and done a far better job

You seem obsessed my mystery friend.

Genuine question. What would you do?  Boot it up to Matt McClure and play off seconds?  How many headers do we win against Dartford or any other side?

07/10/2023 6:53 PM  #13

Can someone please explain why the young “noisy” fans who created a great atmosphere at the Town End been banished? I did witness them getting some pretty awful treatment by the so-called Matchday stewards!! Since then they have disappeared!!

07/10/2023 8:13 PM  #14

After watching that today I'd not be surprised if Gary got the push before the next game. Something needs to change and he seems not to have realised that the players are not good enough to play the style of football he wants them to play. He needs to change the tactics as playing out from the back just isn't working. 
That said, the first penalty shouldn't have been awarded as a Dartford player was offside when the free kick immediately before it was taken and the second penalty looked like a dive from where I was standing. The officiating was very poor again but when isn't it at this level?  

07/10/2023 8:20 PM  #15

I think in Parts we played pretty well today. We lack penetration and create little.
The game looked even then came 2 soft penalties and it was over.
Dartford are nothing special but hoof ball wins matches if you have the right players, look at Taunton
Think that’s one of the worst refs I’ve seen at Harden. Their 17 should have gone for a 2nd yellow for a late tackle on Freddie, 2 mins later Freddie gets booked.
Mom - either Jones or Freddie.
We’ve signed a centre back with cheese strings for hamstrings.
Windsor is crap.
Jake Evans can’t pass.
At risk of repeating myself we need a striker and centre back ASAP on loan or whatever.
At times this season we’ve looked like the worst Chippenham side l’ve seen in a while other times (first 25 mins against Taunton) look half decent
But we are a mid table side…..erm….in mid table 4-4-4

As for those not present behind the goal, what those that sing about Jerry Gill being an pedo, at Corsham ladies game shouting sexist comments, absolutely hammered at Hendon last year again shouting tripe….good riddance.

Last edited by Wellard (07/10/2023 8:23 PM)

07/10/2023 11:04 PM  #16

Just got home and just had to come on here and say sorry  for the result 2 very weak penalties  and the ref well what can I say!! Only shocking

Credit to you all what a great club very friendly!

A thanks must go to the lady in the clubhouse at the end of the game who came around and offered us all food. Thank you very much.

Again a great club and always a good day out

07/10/2023 11:32 PM  #17

Wellard wrote:

I think in Parts we played pretty well today. We lack penetration and create little.
The game looked even then came 2 soft penalties and it was over.
Dartford are nothing special but hoof ball wins matches if you have the right players, look at Taunton
Think that’s one of the worst refs I’ve seen at Harden. Their 17 should have gone for a 2nd yellow for a late tackle on Freddie, 2 mins later Freddie gets booked.
Mom - either Jones or Freddie.
We’ve signed a centre back with cheese strings for hamstrings.
Windsor is crap.
Jake Evans can’t pass.
At risk of repeating myself we need a striker and centre back ASAP on loan or whatever.
At times this season we’ve looked like the worst Chippenham side l’ve seen in a while other times (first 25 mins against Taunton) look half decent
But we are a mid table side…..erm….in mid table 4-4-4

As for those not present behind the goal, what those that sing about Jerry Gill being an pedo, at Corsham ladies game shouting sexist comments, absolutely hammered at Hendon last year again shouting tripe….good riddance.

Sorry wellard was you at that corsham game because I was. It was very quick and easy blaming Chippenham town fans when they wasn’t involved. The jerry gills was sung by 3 lads and they got a bollocking from one of the lads (the so called ringleader) for singing it.
As for the sexist comments Chippenham fans wasn’t involved. Corsham lads spotted 8 lads on the green container at the rugby club taking their tops off and swinging it around. Unfortunately the stand couldn’t see this.
The so called ringleader that was described received a lot of abusive messages which sent him on the depression path. Lucky enough he carried on turning up to home and away games and supported the team.

These lads follow the team home and away no matter where it is or what day it is.
They been threatened by stewards to be beaten up.
2 got banned for singing with Maidstone even though there was a good 10-15 Chippenham fans in that section that day. So instead of giving them dirty looks or s**t why don’t you actually have a chat with them. They are a good bunch of lads.

08/10/2023 9:34 AM  #18

Must agree with Wellard. The referee ruined the game today, very poor standard  of refereeing. Just do not understand our style of football, it is not working, and obviously no Plan B. The last two home games have been dire. We need some loan signings in pretty quick or we will be sinking even lower.

08/10/2023 10:56 AM  #19

Space Raider wrote:

BlackpoolBluebird wrote:

frank wrote:

Lost 4-1, another woeful home performance. Surely it’s time for a change of management

We're 11th,give your head a wobble.

Take away that extra game we played last week and we would be down to 17th

I'm sorry but we can't gloss over how silly a point this is! Can't be taking away wins just to suit a narrative, it'll still be three points at the end of the season 

Last edited by 96chipp (08/10/2023 10:56 AM)

08/10/2023 11:06 AM  #20

I agree with the comments about the standard of refereeing and about our style of play. Listening to some reaction after Truro, it is like we play like Barcelona. We are similar to them in that we play in one half of the pitch but unlike them, unfortunately it is our own half.  The football is slow, ponderous and often boring.

I think they were 3 up before we had a shot on goal. It appears obvious to most that we have a group of players who are unable to play this passing "style" and struggle with the basics such as passing the ball quickly and moving into intelligent positions.  For much of the game yesterday we gave the ball away in dangerous areas, passed it behind the receiving player (meaning he then went backwards), kicked it out of touch or got caught because of a lack of awareness. We look like a Academy/Development FC with every passing week and apart from Grant and Jones have no leaders.

In football you can mix things up. It's not a straight forward choice between a passing game and long ball. You can do things like having a striker who can run and be prepared to run in behind defences. Wingers who can take on full backs and put decent crosses in and midfielders who can carry the ball and drive the team on instead of going into hiding when up against it.

Like a couple of others have mentioned, we need to mix things up and go into the loan market urgently. The academy players are not good enough for this level, the midfield is weak and unfortunately I struggle to see what attacking threat and creativity McClure, Johnson and Bradbury bring to the team.

Man of the match yesterday was between Freddie Grant who has been our best player this season and Eddie Jones. Sums up the performance yesterday when our right back is our most creative player.

Board footera