BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

21/4/2013 4:25 PM  #11

Re: HT St Neots 0 -1 Chippenham

Rudge and Fey have been given every chance this season and the record proves they are not up to the task.

21/4/2013 6:01 PM  #12

I dont really think this is the time to recap on whats gone on. Weve done something for whatever reason didnt look possible a few weeks ago and stayed up. Right now lets bask in the relative glory of that turnaround.

21/4/2013 8:17 PM  #13

Have to say I was mightily relieved when the scores came through yesterday - it almost feels like we've won something.  Clearly we haven't, but avoiding relegation after going four months without a win shows the resilience of the players and management, even in the face of some real pressure and criticism, some of it from me.  If our Management team were inexperienced at the start of the season then the ups and downs of the past nine months have surely rectified that, so they at least deserve another crack next season.
Season highs?  The Cup run - we were a few minutes from forcing a replay at Gloucester in the FA Cup 4th qualifying round (I'm convinced we'd have beaten them at home) and the recent epic v St Albans, a match that will stay with me for very long time.  Season lows?  Plenty of them, but the home game v Frome where we snatched a draw from the jaws of victory and the Bideford debacle, which was totally unnacceptable, spring to mind.
So we are where we are, still in the Southern Prem and not having to face the dog fight in the South-West Division, the club progressing as a whole imho (Chippenham Park in the Western League next season?) and all those out there who hoped we'd get relegated having to crawl back under their stones.  Happy days.  

22/4/2013 9:41 AM  #14

Well done to the team - you have had a very difficult season but in the end showed what could be done. I do agree that a sigh of relief is more appropriate than celebration - things could have been so much worse and INHO this need not have been the case.
Many thanks also to the "back office" team for all they have done in support of the team in not just this season but in years gone by - I understand that in several cases this is coming to an end - i am sorry to hear this is the case but thanks for all your hard unpaid efforts.
Lets all hope for better things next season.
By the way there will be some who will recall my posts on the "Beak" and will remember that I was frequently accused of having "rose tinted" specs and being able to take a positive from anything.  i dont think I have changed my personality so why are some now questioning my attitude? I believe that I have always tried to realistic & fair.

22/4/2013 12:23 PM  #15

There have been some odd things behind the scenes this season both visible and implied, but with rookie managers and a new set-up with Park and the Reserves it was always going to be a strange one with an edge of a gamble. I think George is right that we do need to celebrate that we have pulled ourselves back from the brink, but its an unusual situation for a well supported club by this league's standards to go from being a regular play-off contender in past seasons to a relegation zone candidate this year.

I do think it is a credit to the team that they have pulled together and got themselves out of trouble, especially as we have had to accomodate so many new faces and deal with injuries and suspensions. I don't think we can complain about not beating Leamington as they are champions but the other games in this run have all been good performances.

So why the turn-around? Has the penny just dropped for some of the players that falling into another division means dealing with that or moving on? How many are keen to be signed on next season? I'd suggest there are a few who probably wouldnt feel certain to get offered and needed to prove themselves. Maybe a new broom and a complete squad refresh wouldnt be a bad thing?

There are still 2 games left and it would be nice to finish with some momentum and see us get a few more points not just relax now that we are safe from relegation. Some of us are contemplating whether we can commit to a new season ticket in this economic climate and the team needs to give us some help in making that decision!

Board footera