BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

23/8/2023 9:56 PM  #1

Unsavoury behaviour at corsham women's game tonight

I am sorry to have to register and come on here in these circumstances. I have supported Chippenham in some of the bigger games like when they played Lincoln last season and the Northampton game a few seasons back and have taken a casual interest in the club, being local.

My granddaughter plays for Corsham Women and tonight I was appalled and sickened by the behaviour of some individuals behind the goal who I am sorry to say were seemingly associated with your club. Singing songs about sexual abuse, sexual harassment, paedophilia, and using disgusting language. This has really tarnished the night. The behaviour of this group of 5 or 6 lads has really caused some upset tonight. I am not expecting your club to do anything about it or look into it as it wasn't at your ground but these individuals have really lowered the opinion of the club for myself and others that were there.

Last edited by Jonesy1963 (23/8/2023 9:59 PM)

24/8/2023 10:44 AM  #2

Re: Unsavoury behaviour at corsham women's game tonight

Seemingly associated? 🤔. SN14/15 postcode? 

Given the locality of the two clubs and that they were at a Corsham game I would suggest they are as much to do with Brown Envelope Town as they are with ourselves (if ourselves at all).  Don’t really understand why you have come on here either with it.

5/6 local lads have said some things have upset you. End of story.

24/8/2023 1:49 PM  #3

The individuals involved were singing Chippenham Town songs as well, also a song multiple times that Gerry Gill was a paedophile who touches children, it was pretty obvious who they were as they were trying to be the centre of attention. The ringleader was in Stone Island jeans and jacket early-mid 20's, someone will know who he is.

If you had a daughter or granddaughter who was playing football something she enjoyed, would you expect her in this day and age, to have to play in an environment where she is being sexually harassed by chants of get your tits out for the lads and get your fanny out for the lads and chants about sexual abuse, paedophilia, that is why I am upset, why should my granddaughter and her team mates be subjected to being chanted at and shouted at in a sexual nature whilst playing football by 'fans' of a team who were seemingly there just to push their own agenda. I am not the only one who has been upset by the behaviour last night. I know swearing etc happens at football games but this all went over the line.

I have come on here with it to raise awareness of what happened so your club are aware you have this sort of element that are representing your club and that it affects the reputation of your club. I am not a Chippenham fan but as a fan of local football I have attended some FA Cup games at your ground to support the club. I am reluctant to return if this behaviour is deemed to be acceptable. I am not expecting the club to do anything about it as I said, as it wasn't on their patch but I feel the behaviour needs addressing.

24/8/2023 4:51 PM  #4

Come on Jonesy.  Do you really believe that Chippenham Town or any fan associated with the Club would deem this behaviour, as you report it, "acceptable" in any way whatsoever?  I'm sure anyone reading your 2 posts would feel as you did about the behaviour of this small group, who I'm amazed to hear were in their twenties? All that said......Morally and practically, Chippenham Town can have no responsibilty for them at all.  The Club doesn't have windows into the souls of men and can't be responsible for what a few idiots get up to, outside the purlieu of the TS Stadium,  in their spare time.

What strikes me is how incredibly dated their behaviour seems. Whereas a few years ago this behaviour  might have discouraged and intimidated women,  I'm sure Corsham women and their opponents just got on with their business and ignored them studiously, accepting them for what they are:- inadequate, probably Involuntary Celibates (Incels) who in their own psycho-sexual frustration take out their misogyny on easy targets. I'm surprised the police weren't asked to swing by,  especially as we are repeatedly told they want to crack down on low-level Anti-Social behaviour before it burgeons into something worse.  Presumably, if this happens again then Corsham Town will take action .. including photographic and audio evidence, too... which in a small community like Corsham should, I imagine be quite powerful as a deterrent. Hope there's no repeat!

24/8/2023 9:23 PM  #5

Unfortunately yes they were mostly in their 20's a couple of them looked younger though. The ringleader as I said looked the oldest and according to some other Corsham supporters around me who were discussing it, is well known at your club. I recognise Chippenham Town FC are not able to do anything regarding this but it isn't a good look for your club when they are chanting these sort of things and making it clear they are Chippenham fans.

I am a bit more calmer than I was last night and earlier this afternoon. My granddaughter did feel uncomfortable, she hasn't really experienced this sort of behaviour previously whilst playing and it wasn't nice for Corsham or Bristol Rovers players to have to listen to that. I don't understand why the group would attend a game that doesn't involve their team and behave in such an anti social and horrible manner. I witnessed the group being confronted by a director in the second half who went over to them, so I would imagine this is being looked at from Corsham's end and probably was passed on to Chippenham today as well.

I am prepared to draw a line under this, as feel that this is being addressed, I was extremely angry last night, when family are involved it does make it emotive. If any of that group are reading this, please consider your behaviour before entering a football ground again instead of becoming the spectacle you allowed yourselves to become last night. Watching football is a privelege and if you can't behave it could be taken away. Good luck for the rest of the season. Jonesy

Last edited by Jonesy1963 (24/8/2023 9:30 PM)

06/9/2023 7:51 AM  #6

Jonesy1963,   Did you report the incident at the time to anyone at the game.

07/9/2023 12:11 AM  #7

**** off mainer

Board footera