BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

06/9/2023 3:23 PM  #21

Re: Taunton (H) - September 5th 2023

At the end of the game I had moved from the Sheldon end and was stood near the exit with a number of others who wanted to get out before the rush after the final whistle. There was a Taunton fan stood with us clearly still in the ground. Now I don't know if this was the person who was supposedly ejected but if it was the he was back in the ground. Very poor stewarding, someone should have been on the gate to ensure this could not happen. Racial abuse is a police mater and this individual should have been detained until the police could attend.

06/9/2023 3:48 PM  #22

Plenty to write about! I usually make a point of not criticising individual players but Freddie Grant almost certainly cost us two points with his idiotic sending off. I don't think I have ever seen the momentum of a game change so markedly after one incident. In the end I was relatively happy with a point.

As for the off the field issues I think the club has some real issues to sort out regarding stewarding. Stewards normally have little to do but it seems to me that when they are needed they really are needed. If the individual(s) hurling racial abuse at players was identified then they should be referred to the police. As for getting in I take cash as well as card and choose the shortest queue, nearly always pay cash and go straight in. Lastly I am not in favour of segregation at non league level, but does it need considering?

Lets hope for a more 'normal' game against Maidstone Saturday.

06/9/2023 4:37 PM  #23

The stewards are one of if not the biggest problems down there. I had to go back into the bar last night when I saw the incident after the game. I get the feeling they actually want there to be trouble so they can wade in. Last season at one of the last home games they were trying to bait home fans in the corner. Seeing 3 stewards go for a home supporter who was moving away from that situation. I firmly believe if Simon hadn't got involved the fan would have got an absolute pasting at the hands of the stewards, they had completely lost their heads.

06/9/2023 7:50 PM  #24

Back to matters on the pitch, I’m in the two points lost camp.Even with 10 men we shouldn’t have lost a two goal lead.The sending off just proves that the new directive that refs have to follow is going to lead to more players taking a early bath.Will be interesting to see when the local derbies take place at Christmas what happens.Pherhaps we could sell golden sending off tickets as well.Nice to see Mr and Mrs Harvey at the game on his birthday.

06/9/2023 11:47 PM  #25

Taunton fan here in peace, was reading through this and felt I needed to give a Taunton point of view for what occurred at your stadium last night.

I really wasn't sure we would get anything from the game, your team defended well and I think it was legs and a real last push after your 3rd that got us a point, from being 3-1 down with about 15 minutes to go, I would take a point from that point.

In regards to what happened off of the pitch, I didn't personally hear a racial slur being used towards your injured player, I did hear a shout from the back of the stand but don't believe it was racist but if it did happen then I fully expect action to be taken. Someone just along from me said to the ref you ginger see you next Tuesday and ref took exception to it and the supporter was removed from the area and was stood in the ground by the exit ground, the steward apparently told him he wasn't going to throw him out but he needed to leave the referee's eyeline so the game could continue.

Your stewards are the worst that I have ever encountered at a football game in my life. From the moment they came over just as second half begun they were telling Taunton fans who were standing at the front to attack the Chippenham fans with the drum, particularly one wearing a vest with 56 on with a claret hat, was inviting us to go over and beat the shit out of them and that he and the other stewards would walk the other way either that or he would join in.

Another two stewards shortly after joined him and I have never seen stewards be so aggressive towards their own fans. Throughout the second half they were imploring me and fellow Peacocks to go up and smash their faces in as they never been in a fight and we could easily run them out of the ground. When the steward realised Taunton would not do anything he turned to them and started shit talking at them before telling us to go for them before going up with another steward and launching himself at a Chippenham supporter. I feel sorry that your fans have to put up with that sort of behaviour. The biggest threat in the stand last night were your own stewards who are utterly incapable and inciteful, as I say worst stewards I have ever had the misfortune of meeting.

Look forward to the return match, hopefully some more great football and I can promise you, your supporters will have a much more pleasant experience at our place.

Last edited by BootOfStearn (06/9/2023 11:50 PM)

06/9/2023 11:54 PM  #26

BootOfStearn wrote:

Your stewards are the worst that I have ever encountered at a football game in my life. From the moment they came over just as second half begun they were telling Taunton fans who were standing at the front to attack the Chippenham fans with the drum, particularly one wearing a vest with 56 on with a claret hat, was inviting us to go over and beat the shit out of them and that he and the other stewards would walk the other way either that or he would join in.

Another two stewards shortly after joined him and I have never seen stewards be so aggressive towards their own fans. Throughout the second half they were imploring me and fellow Peacocks to go up and smash their faces in as they never been in a fight and we could easily run them out of the ground. When the steward realised Taunton would not do anything he turned to them and started shit talking at them before telling us to go for them before going up with another steward and launching himself at a Chippenham supporter. I feel sorry that your fans have to put up with that sort of behaviour. The biggest threat in the stand last night were your own stewards who are utterly incapable and inciteful, as I say worst stewards I have ever had the misfortune of meeting.

Jesus Christ!!  This HAS to be nonsense!!!

06/9/2023 11:59 PM  #27

Funny old game wrote:

BootOfStearn wrote:

Jesus Christ!!  This HAS to be nonsense!!!

100% true, your stewards spent most of the second half trying to incite crowd trouble and one of them went up to a fan who I presume may have called him out on his behaviour and was trying to fight them in the stand, not a word of a lie. It was a surreal is this actually happening moment.

Last edited by BootOfStearn (07/9/2023 12:12 AM)

07/9/2023 7:34 AM  #28

BootOfStearn wrote:

Taunton fan here in peace, was reading through this and felt I needed to give a Taunton point of view for what occurred at your stadium last night.

I really wasn't sure we would get anything from the game, your team defended well and I think it was legs and a real last push after your 3rd that got us a point, from being 3-1 down with about 15 minutes to go, I would take a point from that point.

In regards to what happened off of the pitch, I didn't personally hear a racial slur being used towards your injured player, I did hear a shout from the back of the stand but don't believe it was racist but if it did happen then I fully expect action to be taken. Someone just along from me said to the ref you ginger see you next Tuesday and ref took exception to it and the supporter was removed from the area and was stood in the ground by the exit ground, the steward apparently told him he wasn't going to throw him out but he needed to leave the referee's eyeline so the game could continue.

Look forward to the return match, hopefully some more great football and I can promise you, your supporters will have a much more pleasant experience at our place.

Thanks for the comments BoS, whilst I can’t comment on the stewards behaviour behind the goal as I don’t stand there, I do think the are poor and need some training, to me they are nothing more the bouncers.
However, regarding what was shouted at the ref or our injured player, it is largely irrelevant what you or anyone else thought they heard , especially now the incident has passed. But the ref reported to our bench that racial slur had been shouted and said culprit should be removed from the ground.   The player concerned was visible upset when he was subbed and all of this will no doubt go into the refs report overriding any hearsay on here.
What was laughable was you manager denying it was a Taunton fan, despite the idiot being behind our goal and dressed in a Taunton shirt….what a pillock.

Would be good if Taunton could find the culprit and investigate and maybe release a statement but doubt that will happen.

Last edited by Wellard (07/9/2023 7:36 AM)

07/9/2023 11:22 AM  #29

Wellard wrote:

BootOfStearn wrote:

Thanks for the comments BoS, whilst I can’t comment on the stewards behaviour behind the goal as I don’t stand there, I do think the are poor and need some training, to me they are nothing more the bouncers.
However, regarding what was shouted at the ref or our injured player, it is largely irrelevant what you or anyone else thought they heard , especially now the incident has passed. But the ref reported to our bench that racial slur had been shouted and said culprit should be removed from the ground.   The player concerned was visible upset when he was subbed and all of this will no doubt go into the refs report overriding any hearsay on here.
What was laughable was you manager denying it was a Taunton fan, despite the idiot being behind our goal and dressed in a Taunton shirt….what a pillock.

Would be good if Taunton could find the culprit and investigate and maybe release a statement but doubt that will happen.

With our club putting anti racism messages out on all social media platforms I can assume it has been included in the referee's report. I feel sad that we have people supporting our club who feel this sort of behaviour is acceptable in 2023. In an area that was 90% Taunton it was sadly obvious where it had come from. Myself and other decent Taunton fans apologise for this and we don't want these people supporting our club. Considering what was said, it is alarming that the stewards allowed him to stay in ground and were joking with him about he can stay but out of referee's eyeline.

Board footera