BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

06/9/2023 10:24 AM  #11

Re: Taunton (H) - September 5th 2023

Absolute disgrace for any person, player, official or whoever to be racially abused.

Hopefully the Taunton fan can be identified.

As others have said, a hearty performance and the lads can't be too downhearted with a draw given the amount of time spent playing with 10 men.

06/9/2023 10:59 AM  #12

I rarely post on here but here are my thoughts in the game.

On the field - I felt we were a little fortunate to be two up so early. One goal heavily deflected and another kicked in by their defender on the goal line. As everyone has stated the red changed the whole game (a lot more than we should have let it). If Taunton could finish they would have been out of sight so I guess we can claim a moral victory for getting a point. Why oh why oh why did we keep the ball in the corner in the final seconds rather than try to grab a winner? If we score we get an extra two points, if we concede we only lose one so there was more to gain than to lose. Especially baffling when we didn't slow the game down and go into the corners a few minutes earlier at 3-2 up!

Off the field - stood at the other end I had no idea what was happening during the five minutes the game was stopped. But with others saying a racist comments was made and the culprit wasn't expelled that is a disgrace on our part. Makes a mockery of the pre match announcement every game about no tolerance for abusive behaviour of any kind. I'm also a little disappointed our players/staff didn't do more but I know it is different being in the heat of the moment. I hope Taunton do everything they can to ban the fan in question, should be no place for this in our game.

Last edited by Space Raider (06/9/2023 10:59 AM)

06/9/2023 11:28 AM  #13

He was ejected but then stood by the exit gate.

06/9/2023 11:37 AM  #14

I do not understand our goal kick policy, centre half to goalkeeper, who then invariably kicks it to an opponent. Freddie Grant should be ashamed of his two yellow cards, he was warned twice about his slow throw ins, once when he was tying his hair up, get a grip man. Good player but he cost us the game.

06/9/2023 11:45 AM  #15

I couldnt make it, but followed events on twiitter. Too many games we have been down to 10 men already this season. Costly for the club financially and in performance. If the ref heard the abuse, then I assume it would go in his post match report and I hope Taunton will face the consequences

06/9/2023 11:46 AM  #16

06/9/2023 12:01 PM  #17

My mistake, I didn't have a proper view as saw a scrum behind the goal and didn't think he had been moved. I heard it and the other home fans in the far right block to the left of where I stood, would have heard it as well I imagine, it wasn't exactly subtle.

06/9/2023 12:12 PM  #18

Wellard wrote:

In that case I take back my criticism of the club in my earlier post

Last edited by Space Raider (06/9/2023 12:13 PM)

06/9/2023 2:58 PM  #19

inthebox wrote:

I do not understand our goal kick policy, centre half to goalkeeper, who then invariably kicks it to an opponent. Freddie Grant should be ashamed of his two yellow cards, he was warned twice about his slow throw ins, once when he was tying his hair up, get a grip man. Good player but he cost us the game.

If you watch a lot of possession based teams in the Premier League or the EFL, they often play Goalkeeper to centre half or the other way round.  I presume to entice the opponent into running after us - when it works it looks great and when it doesn't then its can be a disaster.  Cost us a goal against Havant but saw us score against Slough.  They way I see it is we are a small team and kicking it up the pitch will see us give it away anyway.

06/9/2023 3:00 PM  #20

Hopefully someone in authority had the presence of mind to photograph and record the culprit's personal details. If not, then unless another Taunton Town supporter who knows them, comes forward, we'll have to rely on the culprit handing themself in. Just being ejected, with no long term repercussions for the individual and Taunton Town isn't good enough.

Board footera