BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

06/8/2023 1:09 PM  #11

Re: Aveley

I thought we did well in the first half against a very physically big side - although they didn't or couldn't make their height advantage against us.They looked busy and quick on the break without much end product. Second half they came out immediately trying to apply more tempo and pressure on us. I thought we sat too deep protecting that 1-0 lead playing up the slope into the high wind. Nervous that a lucky deflection or a mistake would cost us and one terrific save by Henry did keep the 3 points. Ref was good in the first half keeping the game flowing, but had a change of heart in the second half dishing out cards for minor fouls he'd let go before the break and then seemed to lose the plot regarding what he deemed time-wasting and some bizarre decisions playing the advantage and then blowing the whistle before the play developed.

MOTM for me was Eddie Jones - very calm and showed his experience. New centre-backs both did well

Board footera