BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

26/7/2023 11:19 PM  #11

Re: Basingstoke Town

Christ usual positive notes from the clueless brigade!

At least I’m sunning myself in (no fires) Tenerife and back late sat so will also miss the family fun day

27/7/2023 7:54 AM  #12

Meant to say in previous post - the pitch looked absolutely stunning, I don’t think I’ve seen it looking that good, ever.  Hats off to the club for investing and Tony Godwin for the countless hours he’s put into that. Brilliant.

27/7/2023 11:12 AM  #13

Yes the pitch looked fantastic and well done Tony.. The only big disappointment is the Bristol Road fixture board, drove past it a few minutes ago and still last seasons fixtures on the board, a total embarrassment to the club. You only had to see the very poor crowd on Tuesday, and I hate to think the response on Saturday fun day, as nothing advertised on the Board.  Simon achieves a lot and has advised he will try to rectify the situation, but it is shameful that the club of this standing cannot update the main advertising board.  I expect we will get the well our you going to volunteer brigade come on now.

27/7/2023 1:37 PM  #14

inthebox wrote:

Yes the pitch looked fantastic and well done Tony.. The only big disappointment is the Bristol Road fixture board, drove past it a few minutes ago and still last seasons fixtures on the board, a total embarrassment to the club. You only had to see the very poor crowd on Tuesday, and I hate to think the response on Saturday fun day, as nothing advertised on the Board.  Simon achieves a lot and has advised he will try to rectify the situation, but it is shameful that the club of this standing cannot update the main advertising board.  I expect we will get the well our you going to volunteer brigade come on now.

Get off your typewriter and get on social media. That’s how the world works now. It’s a sign. Nobody cares - I’d pull the thing down.

27/7/2023 2:17 PM  #15

But not everyone is confident or like relying on social media. People like to see what is going on fixture wise at the club, and that board is the ideal solution.

27/7/2023 4:51 PM  #16

Funny old game wrote:

inthebox wrote:

Get off your typewriter and get on social media. That’s how the world works now. It’s a sign. Nobody cares - I’d pull the thing down.

What a pathetic answer! Not everyone uses social media and the Matchday Fixtures board contributes to the image of the Club.
The fact it is still displaying last season’s fixtures and no mention of our two home friendly’s is in my opinion awful!!

27/7/2023 5:43 PM  #17

Fully agree, if the boards are up then they're still in use in my opinion so they should be advertising the next game or event.

As much as there is information on the website and the social channels the next fixture should be up and outside the ground.

27/7/2023 6:21 PM  #18

The fixtures board is the only indication from the road that there is a football club sited there.  As such, it serves 2 functions: general indicator/welcome sign, and specific fixture information. It is shabby and hardly announces the fact that there is a vibrant Football Club ground 30 metres away.

It would be really good to have a replacement. .. and a more prominent one, if planning restrictions would allow it.
It is presumably not the highest priority for the Club at present.  It does, though, seem the sort of project that supporters could be invoved in as a specific fund-raising exercise... No doubt we  wouldn't raise enough for a really adequate replacement, but the Club and its sponsors may perhaps be prepared to look at match-funding anything supporters could raise.

I would be more than happy to contribute to a fund.  Would others?  At present, it's a poor advert for the values and ambitions of the Club.. which is an unfair view ... because we are better than that..But it is our only non-virtual shop window and I think it matters.

Last edited by Rambler (27/7/2023 6:22 PM)

27/7/2023 9:37 PM  #19

Rambler wrote:

The fixtures board is the only indication from the road that there is a football club sited there.  As such, it serves 2 functions: general indicator/welcome sign, and specific fixture information. It is shabby and hardly announces the fact that there is a vibrant Football Club ground 30 metres away.

It would be really good to have a replacement. .. and a more prominent one, if planning restrictions would allow it.
It is presumably not the highest priority for the Club at present.  It does, though, seem the sort of project that supporters could be invoved in as a specific fund-raising exercise... No doubt we  wouldn't raise enough for a really adequate replacement, but the Club and its sponsors may perhaps be prepared to look at match-funding anything supporters could raise.

I would be more than happy to contribute to a fund.  Would others?  At present, it's a poor advert for the values and ambitions of the Club.. which is an unfair view ... because we are better than that..But it is our only non-virtual shop window and I think it matters.

I noticed on Sunday the board was still displaying last season's games. It creates completely the wrong impression. It's also an opportunity lost for a well hidden football ground. Advertising boards for businesses are still very much a part of today's world. Everyone from Estate Agents to visiting circuses still use them. I, for one, would be willing to contribute to a new, much larger sign.

27/7/2023 11:34 PM  #20

Funny old game wrote:

inthebox wrote:

If nobody cares then just take it down!

I would say do to you think having it up brings any additional attendance to the club?! I may be wrong?? Simon can we have your thoughts mate

Board footera