BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04/7/2023 5:18 PM  #31

Re: New Signings

Rambler wrote:

Defenders: The"chocolate ankles"description ( see above) is pretty ironic, as Freddie Grant's  direct replacement at Bath City, Dan Greenslade,  managed only 50% of games in his first season with them... because of...... injury.

Actually Callum Wood was chocolate ankles direct replacement and he played all 14 games injury free and then Bristol City recalled him and his replacement Zak Delany played in all games at left back after that.
Chocolate ankles spent a solidarity season at Slough before he joined Farnboro for a solidarity season coming on the back of, guess what, a solidarity season at Bath City. Before he joined Bath City he spent a solidarity season at Maidenhead which preceded a solidarity season at Wealdstone.No pattern here of course.

04/7/2023 5:54 PM  #32

I stand corrected on "direct" replacement, Hornet.  But Farnborough's apparent high opinion of him coupled with Gary Horgan 's judgement are good enough for me... despite the apparent signs of "wanderlust" on his CV. As an ex OUFC player, too,  I'm bound to find in his favour.

12/7/2023 10:12 PM  #33

CTFC have signed Aaron Amadi Holloway. The 6’2” central defender joins us from Hereford FC, and I guess this is the gentleman people saw warming up the the guys at Yate on Monday evening. Welcome to Chippenham Town Aaron.

13/7/2023 4:56 PM  #34

Won Hereford’s player of the season last year. Top signing!

13/7/2023 6:28 PM  #35

Yes, looks a good signing, vastly experienced. I just hope he isn't a replacement for Will Richards.

13/7/2023 7:49 PM  #36

I understand that Will is working in Spain for the foreseeable future, so you will have to draw your own conclusions from that.

15/7/2023 6:33 PM  #37

Observations and impressions from Hungerford: Strong starting eleven, minus:- Alex Bray ( injury), senior players from last night (Cribbs), Aaron Amadi-H, and Luke Spokes ( injured.. ? but there). Couldn't see Freddie Grant either. Such is the list of new faces, it is going to take a while to put names to them.  Young triallist at No 5, despite one bad error, looked quite promising.  We looked pretty sharp and scored a good first goal.. Tyreke cross from the left finished by Fas, I think. They equalised with a wonder goal and we replied with a wonder strike from Luke H direct from a free kick ( which I missed). There was a wholesale change of personnel at roughly the 2/3rds point after which we conceded twice.  Average age of our players on the pitch at the end looked to be about 20 years old. Most interesting player for me was Mal Nicholls at No 12... just promoted from the Academy.  Small, busy, snappy and looked really promising.  Nearly got himself into trouble twice but has a Russe like terrier streak in him. interesting to see if Gary/Matt give him a chance when the shooting really starts on August 5th. Karnell Chambers appeared as a sub... mmm!! Seems a short sentence served for his considerable misdemeanour.  Sad to see Callum G on the sidelines.. once again set back by injury. Jake Evans, spoken of very well by Hungerford supporters, looked tidy and efficient. Hungerford were certainly worth their win.. but I'm sure Gary H learnt a lot from the outing against the stiffest opposition yet, in the stiffest wind as well.

15/7/2023 6:40 PM  #38

I believe Spokes played last night

15/7/2023 9:28 PM  #39

Rambler wrote:

Observations and impressions from Hungerford: Strong starting eleven, minus:- Alex Bray ( injury), senior players from last night (Cribbs), Aaron Amadi-H, and Luke Spokes ( injured.. ? but there). Couldn't see Freddie Grant either. Such is the list of new faces, it is going to take a while to put names to them.  Young triallist at No 5, despite one bad error, looked quite promising.  We looked pretty sharp and scored a good first goal.. Tyreke cross from the left finished by Fas, I think. They equalised with a wonder goal and we replied with a wonder strike from Luke H direct from a free kick ( which I missed). There was a wholesale change of personnel at roughly the 2/3rds point after which we conceded twice.  Average age of our players on the pitch at the end looked to be about 20 years old. Most interesting player for me was Mal Nicholls at No 12... just promoted from the Academy.  Small, busy, snappy and looked really promising.  Nearly got himself into trouble twice but has a Russe like terrier streak in him. interesting to see if Gary/Matt give him a chance when the shooting really starts on August 5th. Karnell Chambers appeared as a sub... mmm!! Seems a short sentence served for his considerable misdemeanour.  Sad to see Callum G on the sidelines.. once again set back by injury. Jake Evans, spoken of very well by Hungerford supporters, looked tidy and efficient. Hungerford were certainly worth their win.. but I'm sure Gary H learnt a lot from the outing against the stiffest opposition yet, in the stiffest wind as well.

Two interesting games with yesterdays team much younger. There is a clear idea across all the games and players so far on our playing out from the gk more. Not for everyone but personally I’m a fan when done well (obviously!). 

Game today was comfortable until all 7 subs were made at once and then the physicality showed and street smarts showed.  Conditions and pitch we’re awful.

The new players in our team look the part and have good experience in the NLS/N but from the academy I’ll be interested (like Rambler) to see how Mal Nicholls is used, if used at all. Hes similar to Russe in his aggressiveness but not as quick, however he looks a little happier with a football at his feet than Luke did.  Otis and Marcel Lewis have also looked more than capable in what they have shown so far.

One thing is for sure, last Pre season against Melksham we barely created a chance but I think this team doesn’t have that problem.

19/7/2023 7:50 AM  #40

Health Warning: This is a dangerously optimistic report

Swindon Supermarine:
  We looked really impressive  last night, and in complete control from start to finish.  It was hard to believe at times that SS are only a League beneath us and are in the same League as Hungerford who carried so much more threat and physical presence.
Strong starting line up and interesting to watch Spokes and T O-E in harness.  They looked more than comfortable.  Very clear game plan... get the ball as quickly and directly as possible to Fas and Tyreke who played as out-and-out old-fashioned wingers and raided at will down both flanks ( particularly the  right) unleashed by long diagonal balls.  Owen W looked lively up front but maybe a tad off the pace (?). 1st goal was a near copy of Hungerford. Tyreke down the left... cross and Fas met it in the air. Will K & Eddie J solid and in control at the back.  The triallist No 5 is an interesting one.  Big, left-footed  and comfortable on the ball... but again a bit prone to dwelling/overconfidence in my eyes.  I haven't gauged how quick he is either. Caught out again once or twice.  Luke Haines ( captain) rock solid. Caine his usual busy effective self. The second half substitutions saw a brillint cameo goal from Otis Lewis.. who just ran and ran at SS from 40/50 metres out then popped the ball beyond the goalkeeper.  Mal N did his busy snapping  and Pablo ( I think at No 11) looked assured.
Without invoking the curse of pre-season over optimism, this was a reall really assured performance. As the rain came down we looked slicker and slicker.  I was at this fixture pretty much exactly 3 years ago where we huffed and puffed in mediocrity against an average SS side.  We looked a class apart last night.... and the Academy young men look properly exciting.  It's just whether they have the physical presence quite yet to mix it with some of the League's giants. Gary H certainly has some interesting and exciting options. MOtM for me was Fas.  ... outstanding everywhere on the pitch.

Board footera