BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

07/6/2023 10:25 PM  #71

Re: Retain/Release

Shame he’s gone but he’s not irreplaceable, no player is.  I wish him all the best apart from the two games against us of course.  🔵⚪️🔵

07/6/2023 11:38 PM  #72

oldman wrote:

Interesting interview on Bath City website with Luke Russe.Would be nice to know when it recorded.

Best guess is it was over the weekend, as that’s when he tweeted his CTFC farewell.

08/6/2023 12:03 PM  #73

Daggers at the ready for him.

Joined Parselle as a snake and a rat. Expect the abuse.

08/6/2023 6:46 PM  #74

It’s well known Bath have cut the their budget, so what is the attraction, why do we lose out to them ?

08/6/2023 7:53 PM  #75

Reginald74 wrote:

It’s well known Bath have cut the their budget, so what is the attraction, why do we lose out to them ?

I think most players in the region would class Bath as a bigger (and dare I say it a more ambitious) club than Chippenham. The reality of course is that they are massive under-achievers.

In Luke's case he knows KP well, its slightly closer to home and he may well have got a better deal.

08/6/2023 8:33 PM  #76

Re: Luke Russe's move.  One or two observations. I wouldn't waste too much energy on retribution AllThatJazz. Not worth it. Like Reg, I'm puzzled by Luke's decision to choose Bath, rather than his decision to move on generally  which is much more understandable.  Like any 20 year-old who dreamt of an EFL career as LR did with Rovers, I imagine the day he was told he didn't have a future there was pretty harsh on him & his family and a bitter lesson.  He would have quickly learnt then, if he didn't know already, that there isn't much sentimentality in football, and loyalty was a luxury. The mercenary spirit was born.  I assume Roman gold trumped Chippenham or Weston-S-M silver. Simple as that. That's unfortunately just Life at all professional semi-professional levels of football. What hacks me off  more is the lazy  recruitment policy at Bath City in this instance and the unpleasant image of Jerry G coming to do his end-of-season Saturday shopping at the TSS, checkbook in hand, for the second year running  It's not a very original or creative means of garnering/nurturing talent being patronising and arrogant, suggesting we are a nursery club for Bath to raid for talent.  I thought it was really interesting ( and perhaps deliberate?) that the Club put out the news of the retention of Will K and Caine B on the day of LR's confirmed departure.... the homegrown talent .v. the bought in talent. Good for us!! and a well-timed announcement.
Final note: I was  surprised in the Bath "Welcome"interview with Luke at the modesty of his ambition.  To paraphrase ... it was something to the effect of "Maybe getting to the Play-Offs".  Blimey if you're justifying moving to a rival  big club with big gates ( compared to us) then "maybe "making the play-offs possibly, is hardly aiming high. I wonder whether the fire-in-the-belly that Luke brought to the TSS will be sustained at Twerton. I agree with FunnyOld Game.  We might well have got the best from Luke and just maybe Gary H and the Chairman didn't feel him to be sufficiently indispensable to the future of CTFC to make him an offer he couldn't refuse. We mortals will never know....Sorry to ramble, but Rambler by name, rambler by .....

Last edited by Rambler (08/6/2023 8:35 PM)

04/7/2023 6:23 PM  #77

Having a look at the photos of the first pre season training session, as far as I could see there is no sign of any of Ed Williams, Pablo Martinez, Aaron Simpson, Will Richards, Eddie Jones or Sam Heal. Interestingly, however, Owen Windsor is there.

Surprised we haven't got an actual retained list yet with contracts presumably running out a few days ago.

Last edited by Eden (04/7/2023 6:33 PM)

08/7/2023 5:13 PM  #78

Here we are 2 days from the first friendly and most, if not all of us fans that is, are pretty much in the dark as to the make up of the squad. As someone mentioned it’s not panicking it’s just wanting to be provided with the same information other clubs publish. Previously l asked what was the problem why we couldn’t be informed who had left or still discussing new terms. Fully accepted comment in middle of June that there was plenty of time to sort things but now we are well into July, and again postings on here have said 1st July last year was when the list of players who had re-signed was published. 8th July and nothing. Presumably the position regarding the 6 players mentioned in an earlier posting must now be sorted eg left or still at the club. Can’t something be communicated.
Mind you if you relied on the club website for info you would be under the impression no one has left! Read other clubs’ websites and you get some idea as to who has left the club. Not very satisfactory to say the least. Simon Lawrence writes when referring to the family day that fans are the most important asset of the club and our support in invaluable. Well if that’s the case please more communication is needed with the fans.
At the moment intending to go on Monday if for no other reason just to see what players from last season are still here!

08/7/2023 8:41 PM  #79

I totally agree with you on the poor communication (or lack of it !) coming from the club on the player situation Joiner. What actually is the issue in telling supporters who we have signed/re-signed ? I guess that Simon does not have the authority to disclose such secret information. Changing the subject completely, but still relevant to the club, I called into HP yesterday to take a look at the pitch. To say it looks spectacular is not doing it justice. I know I tend to get over excited at times, but honestly it look’s the dogs, and whoever has got the pitch to this standard deserves recognition and a huge thank you 😋😋

08/7/2023 8:54 PM  #80

Joiner wrote:

Here we are 2 days from the first friendly and most, if not all of us fans that is, are pretty much in the dark as to the make up of the squad. As someone mentioned it’s not panicking it’s just wanting to be provided with the same information other clubs publish. Previously l asked what was the problem why we couldn’t be informed who had left or still discussing new terms. Fully accepted comment in middle of June that there was plenty of time to sort things but now we are well into July, and again postings on here have said 1st July last year was when the list of players who had re-signed was published. 8th July and nothing. Presumably the position regarding the 6 players mentioned in an earlier posting must now be sorted eg left or still at the club. Can’t something be communicated.
Mind you if you relied on the club website for info you would be under the impression no one has left! Read other clubs’ websites and you get some idea as to who has left the club. Not very satisfactory to say the least. Simon Lawrence writes when referring to the family day that fans are the most important asset of the club and our support in invaluable. Well if that’s the case please more communication is needed with the fans.
At the moment intending to go on Monday if for no other reason just to see what players from last season are still here!

I think you only need to look at what is happening at Dover to realise that you shouldn’t say things that aren’t official. Two player signings announced and both are put up on other clubs socials as signings shortly afterwards.

I don’t really want an update on who is thinking about things, no other club ever reveals who they are considering. I just want who we have properly signed and wish it would be announced quickly 😁

Board footera