BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02/6/2023 6:05 PM  #51

Re: Retain/Release

Sorry to see Tom go -  he’d have been in the running for my Player of the Year vote had his form stretched across the whole season.  Full time training and a club flat provided was the story I heard.  Good luck to him.

03/6/2023 11:50 AM  #52

After doing some digging I’m told Tom was re-engaged and the club have had no formal offer/contact from Havant.  So legally still our player despite yesterdays announcement. Stupid from Havant to announce.

03/6/2023 4:26 PM  #53

Luke Russe has confirmed his own departure from the club on his personal Twitter account

Last edited by 96chipp (03/6/2023 4:28 PM)

03/6/2023 5:14 PM  #54

Massive loss but one most were probably expecting. Leaves as a fan favourite and we certainly got a good few years out of him. Glad he can leave as Supporter's player of the season.

Wonder where he's off to- he spent some of last preseason on trial at Altrincham so that would suggest he might be willing to move for the right opportunity at a higher level. Fingers crossed it's not Bath anyway (although that wouldn't surprise me).

03/6/2023 5:17 PM  #55

It will be Bath or Weston-super-Mare I think. I hope it's not Bath

03/6/2023 5:35 PM  #56

I really am getting extremely concerned about the number of quality players that are leaving CTFC. What has actually happened to make these guys want to leave our wonderful club, considering the brilliant second half of the season we have just had. Is it just money, as I can’t see they are improving their standard of football by the club’s they have chosen, or is there some unknown agenda behind the scenes ? All I can hope for is that Horgs has a very comprehensive contacts book to bring new quality players in for next season, starting with Ed Williams, unless he has also jumped ship and not told anyone !

03/6/2023 5:58 PM  #57

I wouldn't get too exercised by personnel changes, Toyboy. They are part of the inevitable churn of football at all levels.  I imagine Luke Haines has been brought in to be the heart and engine room of the midfield in place of Luke R... and T O-E for Tom Mehew. I certainly don't think that a number of players leaving is anything to do with unhappiness at the club; far more about geographical location, ambition, family reasons and extra money elsewhere.... all factors beyond the club's control. Luke Russe has been a great servant to the Club... a natural leader by spirit and example. I, too, hope he hasn't gone to Bath.  That would be a little dispiriting and perhaps not the wisest of moves for him, as far as I can see. All-in-all we are a highly respected club, particularly and especially as we punch above our weight. We should probably be flattered that some of our players are coveted by other clubs.  That's testament to how the Board and Management  bring on so many players... loans and Academy bright sparks....  as footballers.  And, in terms of fees etc, perhaps how we are forced to do some of our business to sustain ourselves as a club

Last edited by Rambler (03/6/2023 6:05 PM)

03/6/2023 9:23 PM  #58

I’m told Russe gone to Bath and was playing them v Weston for the most money - something GH refused to get involved with. As he lives in-between, he is in a great position to do so.

I hope all of our players go to bath as it’s had no impact so far and won’t for as long as JG is manager. Hopeless.

Russe out
Haines in

Mehew out
Owen Evans in

Hanks out
Evans in

Hamilton out
Johnson in

Santos is a bit irrelevant as didn’t play.   The blue tinted glasses say we look younger, cheaper and better…?

03/6/2023 10:24 PM  #59

Gill did the same last season and they didn’t even make the play offs. It’s inevitable and predictable. If Luke does go to them I hope it’s for football reasons and not just the £ as he was great for us.

04/6/2023 12:31 PM  #60

Funny old game wrote:

I’m told Russe gone to Bath and was playing them v Weston for the most money - something GH refused to get involved with. As he lives in-between, he is in a great position to do so.

I hope all of our players go to bath as it’s had no impact so far and won’t for as long as JG is manager. Hopeless.

Russe out
Haines in

Mehew out
Owen Evans in

Hanks out
Evans in

Hamilton out
Johnson in

Santos is a bit irrelevant as didn’t play.   The blue tinted glasses say we look younger, cheaper and better…?

Isn’t Johnson a midfielder? Could do with a new central defender.

If rumours about Russe are true, massive sideways move to a club riddled with debt, limited budget and a manager known for social media spats with fans.
And not a popular decision for him to get his contact extended.

Last edited by Wellard (04/6/2023 1:10 PM)

Board footera