BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22/4/2023 6:14 PM  #31

Re: Retain/Release

Rambler wrote:

You illustrate my point perfectly, Wellard. 

I aim to please 😁

22/4/2023 8:19 PM  #32

Keep the core and build on that. We have a good dressing room, let's not distrupt and break it up too much. 

Last edited by 96chipp (22/4/2023 8:20 PM)

17/5/2023 7:06 PM  #33

Gloucester are re-signing some ex-players according to their new chairman. They're back to being part time now, I think Hanks left them for us because they went full time and he couldn't commit to that.

His name has certainly been mentioned a fair bit by their fans. Could also be one of our other ex-Gloucester players of course, or different ex-Gloucester players altogether.

17/5/2023 9:05 PM  #34

Sadly I think we are losing a few.

I believe Spencer and Hanks are heading back to Gloucester.

Russe is Twerton bound.

Mehew moving up a league.

Will Henry too!

That’s football though and with change comes opportunity!

Last edited by silver (17/5/2023 9:07 PM)

17/5/2023 9:22 PM  #35

Russe to Bath, unbelievable, Henry going nowhere.

18/5/2023 7:03 AM  #36

Silver - where have you obtained this information from ? My understanding was that Joe Hanks had another year to run on his contract, and Luke Russe had agreed in principle to stay with us. I cannot comment on the other players you have mentioned though. Will Henry is certainly one of the best keepers at this level,  and with Swindon Town re-building their squad, he might be attracted by that possibility.

18/5/2023 12:13 PM  #37

silver wrote:

Sadly I think we are losing a few.

I believe Spencer and Hanks are heading back to Gloucester.

Russe is Twerton bound.

Mehew moving up a league.

Will Henry too!

That’s football though and with change comes opportunity!

Long way to Travel in the Conference North, as far west as Kings Lynn and North as far as Blyth Spartans much more attractive (money aside) for a South West based player to play in the South IMHO, especially if they are in the latter stages of their Career or have a demanding job.

18/5/2023 9:22 PM  #38

I think that a lot of these keyboard warriors that call themselves fans forget that these lads have full time jobs, families and lives outside of the club. They commit every single week to training and games, some of which travel for over 8 hours a week, and in preseason don’t get paid. They dedicate so much time to the club. Yes they will have bad days, each and everyone one of them. But can we all please remember that they are human! They do have feelings and reading some of this comments is going to be hurtful and demoralising. How about we all stay positive in the hope that we can keep our team, as after all, they all contribute to the success of the club. Players come and players go, that’s the nature of the beast and they have every right to move to a club that is right for them if they see best. People needs to think more carefully before whacking the keys on the keyboard as I’m sure you’re not perfect yourself!

19/5/2023 11:22 PM  #39

Heard a number of things as always.

Most common things - Luke Russe going to Bath or Weston. Hamilton and Hanks joining the Gloucester revolution. Mehew going.  Weston trying to sign anyone with NLS experience on mega money.  Also heard some names of players coming in. Luke Haines, Jake Evans, Kieran Phillips, Ryan Jones.

Only time will tell what is true.  Enjoyable for those watching from the sides.

29/5/2023 1:31 PM  #40

Looked at a few other clubs websites and some are showing the list of players who have been retained, under contract or have left. Whilst recent announcements on player movements within our club have been good other clubs seen to provide their fans with more info. For example, an announcement that Alex Bray has signed up for next season. No mention of any other players so do we assume that no one else,apart from players under contract and who are they, has yet signed?Also on twitter says Santos has left so does mean that the  club are talking terms to everyone else? 
Don’t expect the club to release sensitive info re players but referring back to the start of my post would be good to be given the same information other clubs release.

Board footera