BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

26/4/2023 11:32 AM  #11

Re: Next season we will be playing

BlackpoolBluebird wrote:

I wouldn't mind relegating Dulwich to be honest.

Would rather Dover go actually but I think that means Chip losing

26/4/2023 3:46 PM  #12

Would prefer Weymouth or Dulwich go as I expect both to be stronger next year after their newish managers have assembled their ‘own’ sides in pre-season.

26/4/2023 4:56 PM  #13

Weymouth have  only one clear pathway.  They'll  have to beat Dover by more than  a 2 goal margin, which they're are clearly capable of on their day. Our result against Dulwich is pretty immaterial  to Wemouth (unless DH do a Slough on us and bring their goal difference down spectacularly). Concord will have to rely on  Dover winning against Weymouth  and a Dulwich loss, plus winning themselves against both H&W and away to Eastbourne. Only 50 points will do for them. A win and draw won't  cut it. 
Realistically, you'd think that Dulwich will be safe.. but the Dover/Weymouth game will be the absolute decider. Too many unlikely hoops for Concord, who most would agree, I'm sure, were comfortably the worst side at the TSS this season... although they're a poorly financed club from a deprived enough area who probably deserve better
Thank God that it isn't us with the bitten Final Saturday fingernails. BTW the back-to-back Christmas/NY fixture with Bath is probably as much to do with players spending minimum time away from  families as much as potential bumper gate money.

27/4/2023 9:16 AM  #14

Hornchurch v Aveley (Isthmian play off final)
Bracknell v Poole (SL South play off final ).

27/4/2023 10:14 AM  #15

Hate to break it to you, but it’s Bracknell v Truro

27/4/2023 11:44 AM  #16

96chipp wrote:

Hate to break it to you, but it’s Bracknell v Truro

Yes, sorry, Footballwebpages had, and still has Poole winning 4-2 on penalties. Poole forum agrees with you it’s Truro

01/5/2023 8:32 PM  #17

So with Truro joining us amongst others next season there's a much more even geographical spread than this season. Mr Gill was boasting after Bath's last game that they were top of the West Country teams. It's going to be much more difficult next year! It will also be interesting to see who gets paired up at Xmas for the derbies.

02/5/2023 10:44 AM  #18

The logical match ups would be..........
Chippenham v Bath
Weymouth v Yeovil
WSM v Taunton
Torquay v Truro

Truro groundshare with Plymouth Parkway - I've seen comments on other sites casting doubts as to whether it's up to the mark for National South level - can only assume it is. 

02/5/2023 2:39 PM  #19

National League clubs do get a preference as to which local side they'd want to play over Boxing Day/NYD so you'd expect every single one in this area to have asked for Yeovil. That said, I'm pretty sure it will end up with the list above, certainly makes the most sense.

Last edited by 96chipp (02/5/2023 2:40 PM)

02/5/2023 6:07 PM  #20

Does it really matter ?

Board footera