BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22/4/2023 10:26 AM  #1

Tonbridge

3 nil win. 755

22/4/2023 12:35 PM  #2

Re: Tonbridge

I don't think Tonbridge can make the playoffs now so maybe a wide open game? 2-2, attendance 622.

22/4/2023 12:57 PM  #3

3-1 win 710 att

22/4/2023 1:07 PM  #4

They're a bit of a bogey team for us recent seasons and a s***house side, so I'd take a scrappy 1-0 win

22/4/2023 2:37 PM  #5

No McClure but Pablo named as sub. Hope we can make the game safe enough near the end for him to get on

22/4/2023 5:51 PM  #6

Good game and fair result in the end.
Good to see attendances rising.
Hopefully they can keep increasing come August.

22/4/2023 6:18 PM  #7

We looked good in the first half and played some really nice stuff.  They went long and over the top, catching us out once again . Quick response and good goal.  Thought we lost our way in the 2nd half and just couldn't string anything purposeful together. Conceded from a corner again.. which is becoming a feature  that we wouldn't wnt to carry into next season. No MOTM for me, despite Caine's great strike.  Good to see young Marcel get his chance and, of course, Pablo for 4 very significant minutes.. particularly for him and his family who must have been thrilled and dreading it in equal measure.  Great crowd.(779)  Overall,  a satisfactory but slightly anti- climactic ending to the season at Home.

22/4/2023 6:28 PM  #8

Thought Will King was excellent today. Definitely my MOTM.

23/4/2023 11:57 PM  #9

Was a good ending to the season, if we can keep the players and momentum up can see a really good 23/24 on the horizon. Pablo's return the main highlight, Caine's free kick a joy to behold as well, the end of season presentation on pitch was appreciated. Good to see the Norwegians over in their vibrant style. Not the season we hoped for but was a fitting end and the new kit is positive.

Once again however i feel i have to mention that the stewards treatment of our singers was once again truly unprofessional. I stay in the cricket end for the full game, as i am unable to stand for long periods, as do various other chippenham fans, but once again our vocal singing fans were targeted. there were a small handful of them up in their corner with the drum start of second half. i paid particular attention to their behaviour and during the first half when there was a lot more of them and did not hear a single obscene song or any sort of provocation of Tonbridge. At half time they stayed there and i thought maybe the club realised they had over reacted at the Hampton game and would let them be and carry on singing. Second half started, they were in same stand and there wasn't any trouble or a crossed word from either set of fans at that point then about five minutes in to the second half the same steward that moved them on last game did same again and threatened to ban them yet again if they didn't move which is embarrassing and at this point the Tonbridge fans began to mock and be abusive to them as they left  this particular steward seems to take great joy in it as well. I stayed where I was sat as i have funnily enough never been told to move despite being a Chippenham fan and the steward then laughed about it with Tonbridge fans and joked about kicking them out of their area. i can stay in my seat there and the Norwegians are allowed to stand on the same terrace first half as Tonbridge supporters but the stewards/club want to pick on a very small group who were singing chippenham songs in there. it was sad that after they left that area there was no singing second half. It feels like the stewards/club don't want there to be an atmosphere at home games, that group in that area with the drum should be encouraged to sing loudly and be the 12th man, the players i am sure thrive on a loud positive atmosphere. I have been coming for years now and this seems a real effort from them to create an atmosphere, don't shut them down and dampen their enthusiasm. Hopefully during the break a solution can be found as they can raise the noise in the ground and we need this.

Board footera