BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

07/4/2023 3:23 PM  #11

Re: Slough

Perversely, I'm quite relieved by this defeat!.. Will await the judgements of those who witnessed it but clearly Slough's cherries all lined up in a row of 6  and we could do nothing about it.  If it was  re-balancing of some of the luck we have enjoyed on occasions recently ( the woodwork saving us on several occasions) then let the rebalancing come as a shock and all at one go. Gravity has now reasserted itself.  My guess would be it is an instinctive reaction to weeks of pressure and expectation culminating in the Farnborough game after which we became technically absolutely safe from relegation.  This is probably the instinctive release and relaxation from that intense pressure. Nobody would have enjoyed this defeat for one moment so I would expect and hope for a major reaction on Monday and the Club's motto to be the driving force behind that response.

On a parallel matter. ( See Season Tickets 23/24) thread.. I share Joiner & AJG's concern over what could be seen as  "apparent" censorship on the Forum.  At the moment of writing I can't find AJG's original "Horgan Out" post.  Maybe it's my elderly eyesight.  I'm sure its inadvertent by the Moderaor but it's still  worrying... If I have made a mistake  then I sincerely apologise. I wanted to refer back to AJG's post, because it raises some issues about the way every  contributor to this site  conducts themselves which I think is important. Perhaps a discussion about self-moderation would be useul... not in terms of opinions ( as long as they comply with the law), but more in the way and terms that those opinions are expressed. Less heat, more light. Can't remember which NLS club it was,  but read a really interesting thread last year that was establishing consensus about a self-imposed code for posting on Fans' site. A free for all can be entertaining, but then bear baiting and dog fighting were as well......apparently.

07/4/2023 3:33 PM  #12

The professor wrote:

Back to the dark days.

6-1

Not really sure we are back to the dark days. Terrible performance against an average team who just kicked it long to a good striker who had a good game and managed to score 4. Definitely missed the presence of Will Richards at the back. However it’s our first loss in 15 games… I’m sure we can bounce back against Hampton at home on Monday.

07/4/2023 3:37 PM  #13

Rambler, l deleted the thread as l am sick of the abuse and name calling by certain people when you have a different opinion to them which started up again when l asked a straightforward question about season tickets. These people are not worth getting into a conversation with.

07/4/2023 3:56 PM  #14

Dreadful display, half that side looked like they have their holidays booked.

First half was slow and leggy and we could have been 3/4 down. Didn’t muster a shot.

Simpson was sacrificed for Bradbury at HT - he was poor but could have been one of 8/9 players who came off, presume it was because both goals came from his side. Looked good at the start of the second half and then a simple mistake from Hamilton killed the game.

From then on in there was no fight or desire and it easily could have been 10. Bradbury looked ok. Will King had every mistake punished, Ollie looked a long way off what we have seen.  Santos came on and gave a goal away almost immediately.  To me it Shows the importance of Will Richards as well as the lack of depth we have in defence.

The above is merely an observation of today as in reality, since the new year, they have been fantastic to a man.  Some of these players need to stake a claim for next season, especially after today.

07/4/2023 3:57 PM  #15

AJG wrote:

Rambler, l deleted the thread as l am sick of the abuse and name calling by certain people when you have a different opinion to them which started up again when l asked a straightforward question about season tickets. These people are not worth getting into a conversation with.

As you only post when we drop points and sure enough you’ve reared your head again after a defeat today.

07/4/2023 4:02 PM  #16

Just for clarification, I haven't deleted any posts or threads. For me, unless it's of a hateful manner then I will leave it up. Nobody is exempt from criticism and of course everyone has their own opinions.

I believe AJG deleted the threads themselves.

07/4/2023 4:43 PM  #17

A question for Funny Old Game. Your latest post responding to AJG. What are you on about saying only post when drop points. No comment was made by AJG about today’s game so your posting is rather irrelevant isn’t it.Trying to be polite here. Also asked what you meant by “you deserve everything you get” in response to AJG on the season ticket thread. Would be nice to understand what you meant.

07/4/2023 4:47 PM  #18

At least Worthing should grab the headlines, 7-0 up v Concord with a few minutes left.

07/4/2023 5:00 PM  #19

If that performance had happened if we were 10 points worse off, I’d be more annoyed. Ultimately this lot have earned an off day like that. We looked like a team that have played a lot of games lately, and Slough were able to exploit that tiredness.

Slough got the emphatic win they needed to all but secure their NLS status. Onwards to Monday and onwards to another season of NLS football.

07/4/2023 6:20 PM  #20

Great run had to end sometime, but that’s embarrassing against a side fighting relegation. Is that our biggest loss in the NLS Mr Hulbert ? 

Board footera