BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

06/4/2023 5:15 PM  #1

06/4/2023 7:50 PM  #2

Re: Season Ticket Prices - 2023/24

AJG wrote:

Can somebody please confirm the concession age - 60 or 65?

Horgan will still be the manager so probably steer clear 🫵🤡

06/4/2023 9:23 PM  #3

First post since your infamous post on Horgan out thread so you deserve every 🤡 you get.

06/4/2023 10:13 PM  #4

Inevitable that prices have gone up, a ÂŁ1 increase per match day isn't the end of the world, ÂŁ23 increase on last season, would be good if the club did a few offers throughout the season to keep the punters in, something like 4 for 3 games or something.

I do think the early bird offer could be more appealing, it's only a ÂŁ20 saving, I'd argue it should be ÂŁ30-40 to get the season ticket sales in early and try to get some of the (close) to 700 average we have, nailed down to season tickets.

07/4/2023 12:16 AM  #5

What’s going on here. Am l going senile or are some postings being removed. If l recall it correctly this thread was started by AJG asking a sensible question re season tickets. Where has that posting gone? Is it my computer or deliberately deleted? If deleted why leave Funny Old Game’s rather sad reply on? Also maybe he can clarify what he means by “so you deserve everything you get”. Not a nice posting (maybe comments like that should be deleted rather than ones expressing personal opinions).
And where is the thread started after the Concord game about replacing the management team? Aren’t you allowed to expressed a opinion on this site anymore? And for those with short memories as l have said that thread started after the Concord game and the sentiments at that time were quite reasonable given that we had failed again to beat a team below in the league and hadn’t won for 8 games.
Various postings were critical of team selection, the defensive approach taken and something had to change.  Perhaps instead of concentrating on what has happened in the last 15 games think about the previous 26 league games which apart from one or two games were rubbish and painful to watch. First 26 league games 6 wins last 15, 7 wins. Down to change in tactics and team selection. Does anyone here honestly belief if things hadn’t changed the management team would still be here. I’m pleased things have worked out the way they have but some of the smug comments which appeared particularly in that deleted thread were uncalled for. 

07/4/2023 7:47 AM  #6

Joiner, l have deleted my comments as you are not allowed to express your opinions and thoughts on this forum, if you do you are subjected to name calling and abuse and it isn't worth the aggro - I only asked a question about season tickets! I thought this forum was for general discussion as everyone has different opinions but l am obviously wrong.

07/4/2023 9:08 AM  #7

AJG wrote:

Joiner, l have deleted my comments as you are not allowed to express your opinions and thoughts on this forum, if you do you are subjected to name calling and abuse and it isn't worth the aggro - I only asked a question about season tickets! I thought this forum was for general discussion as everyone has different opinions but l am obviously wrong.

I did see the original post about the senior citizen age. I would assume it is 65+ but might be worth asking the club. I'm not an older gentleman so I'm not sure what the cut off usually is.

07/4/2023 1:59 PM  #8

I asked the question, and it’s 65 👍

07/4/2023 2:56 PM  #9

Thank you for the info Inside Left. Concession age varies from place to place.

09/4/2023 8:37 AM  #10

Joiner wrote:

And for those with short memories as l have said that thread started after the Concord game and the sentiments at that time were quite reasonable given that we had failed again to beat a team below in the league and hadn’t won for 8 games.
Various postings were critical of team selection, the defensive approach taken and something had to change.  Perhaps instead of concentrating on what has happened in the last 15 games think about the previous 26 league games which apart from one or two games were rubbish and painful to watch. First 26 league games 6 wins last 15, 7 wins. Down to change in tactics and team selection. Does anyone here honestly belief if things hadn’t changed the management team would still be here. I’m pleased things have worked out the way they have but some of the smug comments which appeared particularly in that deleted thread were uncalled for. 

Totally agree Joiner, lots of smug comments when people get the score or crowd correct or have predicted our now lofty league position but those same people called for Horgan to go….didn’t you Reg ;-)
Remember we were awful for the early part of the season and very few players were consistent and potential contenders for player of the season. Mehew couldn’t pass for toffee, and wasn’t getting in the side, for one example. Loans were poor.
Our turn in results is not down to things just clicking and the players understanding the way Gary wants to play, as some would suggest..
Personal, signing McClure, Windsor and then getting Bray and Fasenmade back from injury and playing regularly has lifted the team and given us a more attacking threat.
And not forgetting Parker, who was left out in the wilderness until Weymouth away and now a regular starter and scorer.
I’d love to see the stats but I bet we’ve also conceded more during this time.
The FA Cup money was spent well.

An interesting close season, Mr Gill seen at games and also John Reliah (ex Bath manger) regularly attending.
Gill in a recent interview stated they had no physicality in their midfield, lack desire and are too weak. Looking at Russe? or Williams maybe? I hope we can Keep both.
As laughable they’ve given him another year on a full time contract. What’s he achieved to justify full time?

Last edited by Wellard (09/4/2023 8:44 AM)

Board footera