BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

25/3/2023 8:39 PM  #11

Re: Eastbourne Borough (H)

A very average game I thought between two very average teams. Still, it keeps the unbeaten run going. Nowhere near the excitement or atmosphere of the Weymouth game, I thought we played ok but things weren't quite happening. 1-1 a very fair result in my view.

25/3/2023 9:17 PM  #12

Even game. They came for a point and got one. Silly penalty to give away from an experienced defender.

We didn’t create too much but early positive subs again got us back in the game.

Some players look tired. One more win and that
Completely satisfies everyone.

25/3/2023 10:08 PM  #13

Not a bad performance today however we have set high standards in recent weeks. Another horrific refereeing performance - I don’t see why we had a goal disallowed but Eastbourne have a right to feel aggravated about our goal that did stand.

Would start McClure, Parker and Bradbury on Tuesday - all had positive impacts when subbed on. Maybe should Santos strength be taken into consideration with the strength of Welling’s full backs.

Overall plenty of positives to take including still being 12 games unbeaten - Manager of the Month must be just around the corner for Horgs. 🙌

26/3/2023 1:19 PM  #14

Considering the number of games we’ve played recently, I thought we did OK against a somewhat subdued Eastbourne side in my opinion. With regards to the forthcoming Welling game, I would certainly agree starting with McClure, Parker and Bradbury, but please not Santos. The guy has all the skill but no end product.

26/3/2023 1:29 PM  #15

toyboy wrote:

Considering the number of games we’ve played recently, I thought we did OK against a somewhat subdued Eastbourne side in my opinion. With regards to the forthcoming Welling game, I would certainly agree starting with McClure, Parker and Bradbury, but please not Santos. The guy has all the skill but no end product.

I agree. Santos has his moments but he wants to be a flair player at the worst position and points of the game.

Very much a luxury player and not one to play when you're trying to dig in.

Board footera