BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22/3/2023 8:22 PM  #1

Match Programme

Question: Is there a place for it anymore?

Yesterday’s programme was produced in Dec? Wall to wall advertising? How many times do I need to read about the history of CTFC? The only reason I buy is to see the player profiles of the visiting team.

How much money does it bring in? Could we not go down the FGR route and not have a match program. Certainly reduce the clubs carbon footprint!

22/3/2023 11:39 PM  #2

Re: Match Programme

Since it went up to £3 I've not bothered (only bought a couple) and not missed it at all

23/3/2023 2:58 PM  #3

Hi Guys,

Yes, in short the programme will always be as staple of football and gives the club a fantastic commercial opportunity whilst providing something hopefully supporters/collectors can enjoy.

Perhaps we could turn this thread into a “What we would like to see” in the programme thread and we as a club can do our best to make the match day programme a purchase that is valued by our spectators week after week?

Ideas always welcome,

Simon

Last edited by TheVoice (23/3/2023 2:59 PM)

23/3/2023 3:22 PM  #4

It would be interesting to know how many we sell on a regular basis, and how financially viable they are.  I’m not sure it will always be a feature of the match day experience, there are numerous clubs who now simply publish an ‘online’ programme.  Personally I’ve always collected them, I’ve got Town programmes dating back to 1969, but I haven’t bought on a regular basis for at least 5 seasons - maybe one or two per year.  Sadly I think they’re on the way out in their present form.  

23/3/2023 3:23 PM  #5

Simon - how about a feature on each of the squad players ? eg - what each one does for a living outside of football, their interests outside the game, favourite club (apart from CTFC of course ) etc. A sort of player profile for want of a better expression - just a thought to get people interested.

23/3/2023 3:39 PM  #6

I prefer personally when clubs do a smaller more affordable programme, joint programmes where there are two home games in a week are also better too!

23/3/2023 7:24 PM  #7

Here are a couple, Simon:

To take up Toyboy's suggestion.. what about a Squad Player Interview page featuring one player in each programme over the season,  with some structured open and close-ended  questions for every player .. allowing for biographical detail and opinions as well.  Might be a problem of repetition in the subsequent season but given the turnover of any club at this level... should always be some fresh copy.

2nd thought:  what about an equivalent for fans.  FFF a "Full Fan Focus".  Take  23 regulars ( as diverse as possible) over the season ... include a pic  and a bit of background & history plus some structured questions ( most memorable game, high points, low points, where in the ground they spectate from etc).  The practical advantage of the above is that they are not particularly time-sensitive, so the profiles could be worked out in a reasonably intense block meaning  it wasn't a weekly/fortnightly chore through the season.

Agree with Space Raider.. writing for and putting 2 programmes together in a week is  a strain on contributors and compositors ( Tina)  alike... especially this season with so many last minute pps when programmes have already been printed.. as well as back-to backTues/Saturday home games.

Board footera