BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

19/3/2023 6:50 PM  #11

Re: Farnborough Match

Why does it take till mid march for a wining run to start, yes unbeaten, that's why a lot of fans can't be arsed to turn up,it's last season all over again.
Borrowing regs crystal ball, it'll be next season aswell

19/3/2023 7:33 PM  #12

The professor wrote:

Why does it take till mid march for a wining run to start, yes unbeaten, that's why a lot of fans can't be arsed to turn up,it's last season all over again.

The first time anyone has ever complained about winning?

19/3/2023 7:47 PM  #13

I'm not sure there was an element of choice about when the winning run would start, Professor. That would indeed be a luxury. To explain  our earlier indifferent performances, don't underestimate the disruptive nature of the Cup run, the catalogue of postponements and crucial changes in personnel which in the end seemed to have worked out so well for us.  Gary H and the Board have assembled a squad of some talent... and are clearly on the look-out for more. 
As for those who can't be "arsed" to turn out.... well they'd be more accurately described as  followers  rather than supporters .. and good for them.  Every club has  20%- 25% ( or more?) of its fanbase for whom attendance is only conditional... and it's understandable... and will always be with us

Unlike some posts, I'm a bit more cautious than some.  The job isn't done yet and 10 points or so from 10 games should be simple...  but good runs can go into reverse quickly. I think where we are from where we were 2 or 3 weeks ago is pretty miraculous... and we should give praise  for this flurry of victories  rather than worry too much about their timing. What concerns me more is the "hit" on CTFC  wallets with 4 home games jammed into a fortnight.  That's a tough gig for everybody!! ..Management, players and fans!! Will look for 570 plus on Tuesday and hopeully 600+ again on Saturday. I'll leave Mystic Reg ( Meg died last week I believe-- so vacancy at The Sun, Reg) to guess the scorelines. I'd settle for 3 points from the 2 games...

Last edited by Rambler (19/3/2023 7:48 PM)

19/3/2023 8:37 PM  #14

The professor wrote:

Great support and a good indicator as to why, especially in the professional leagues, players avoid ‘fans’. Silly comments.

If you want to go watch a winning team then there is a handful of teams that offer that in the country. Other than that then it’s pot luck.

As has been seen on here and social media, we’ve 4 won games in a row for the first time ever in this league.  GH is slowly turning the team from a long ball, defensive side to a more possession based side with younger players. All takes time.  Playoffs. Fa cup run and 2 defeats in 16.

Imagine if you supported bath city who are close to the financial brink and cannot achieve anything.

19/3/2023 8:57 PM  #15

Funny old game wrote:

The professor wrote:

Great support and a good indicator as to why, especially in the professional leagues, players avoid ‘fans’. Silly comments.

If you want to go watch a winning team then there is a handful of teams that offer that in the country. Other than that then it’s pot luck.

As has been seen on here and social media, we’ve 4 won games in a row for the first time ever in this league. GH is slowly turning the team from a long ball, defensive side to a more possession based side with younger players. All takes time. Playoffs. Fa cup run and 2 defeats in 16.

Imagine if you supported bath city who are close to the financial brink and cannot achieve anything.

Perfectly said. Gary, Matt and Joe deserve the praise for change in the style of football on show.

Also, disruptive nature with the postponed games and backlog, FA Cup run etc, The club is in a good place.

Last edited by BlackpoolBluebird (19/3/2023 8:59 PM)

20/3/2023 12:49 PM  #16

Of course they deserve praise for the change in style of football but when many comments on this forum have been saying for months a change is needed why has it taken until so late in the season for this  to happen? No easy games left and we shouldn’t get too carried away as teams down the bottom are all fighting for points and a couple of defeats can put us fight back in the mix. And before anyone says it yes a couple more wins can have a very positive affect. Hopefully with 2 games a week until the end of the season we can stay clear of injuries and suspensions which could have a vital bearing on results.

20/3/2023 3:23 PM  #17

Joiner wrote:

Of course they deserve praise for the change in style of football but when many comments on this forum have been saying for months a change is needed why has it taken until so late in the season for this  to happen? No easy games left and we shouldn’t get too carried away as teams down the bottom are all fighting for points and a couple of defeats can put us fight back in the mix. And before anyone says it yes a couple more wins can have a very positive affect. Hopefully with 2 games a week until the end of the season we can stay clear of injuries and suspensions which could have a vital bearing on results.

Because a change in mindset and philosophy takes time to come to fruition in my opinion.

I also think, as others have mentioned, that the cup run and the postponements due to the weather (right when we had a good run of home games) had a big impact.

The NLS is a slog of a season, if we stay up then I don't care how we do it. We could lose our first 28 games as long as we won our final 18 then we would stay up.

20/3/2023 3:38 PM  #18

Anyone who has paid attention this season can see this is how we’ve been trying to play all season long. The odd goal here, the erasing of a mistake there and this side would be nowhere near the foot of the table.

Gary is at the start of a long project to overhaul the clubs ethos in terms of player recruitment, play style, entertainment value, the lot! And using Joe Sharples and his academy (An unsung hero in more ways than one this season) is setting CTFC on the path to be both sustainable for the chair, entertaining for the fans and successful on the pitch.

I’m not drawing comparisons because that would be outrageous but Alex Ferguson was nearly sacked after a short time at Manchester United because of his insistence of doing things correctly in the face of adversity to achieve a longer term goal of success and 30 years on, we speak of him as one of the greats of the game and his sides have gone down in history as the greatest of all time.

With a manager like Gary, Coupey and Joe steering the ship at Chippenham, it’s an exciting time for fans to get behind a real club man again! So many complaints about the unapproachable nature of Mike Cook and his peers have been eradicated. Gary, Matt and Joe more often than not are kicked out of the Blues Bar and they are there to talk to for anyone who wants to have “The Football Chat” I would urge supporters to take advantage of that and instead of blindly being told to believe in the process and the project, learn about it to make informed decisions about that faith!

We need our fans, we need more fans, new fans, returning fans and by god we need them more than ever. Big home fixtures coming up and every body through the gate counts. I’ve never seen a better chance at CTFC for everyone to get behind a united board, management team and playing squad! Accelerate this with fan support and who knows where this project could take Chippenham!

Starting with Tuesday, we have a big game against Weymouth and I’ll try to pop up a separate post about Eastbourne on Saturday as it is going to be non-League day and I would hope to see as many people as possible coming along to at least look at what Chippenham are doing! With rewards off the pitch for supporters and newbies! Hopefully a big result on it and CTFC going from strength to strength!

COYB

21/3/2023 2:31 PM  #19

Good post by the Voice most of which i agree with.

Off the Pitch - I have every confidence in the board not to put us in  financial difficultly chasing a dream that is just not there. Unlike others we have seen come and go in the past.
Bar takings and other off field income can go someway to help but ultimately its bums on seats that will move us forward. The club has improved in this department for sure with U16's offers, half season tickets, club shop, clubhouse etc..
We can still improve and should strive to do so, communication, advance ticket sales(to reduce queues) etc.. to name a few. But I'm sure there are loads going on in the back ground that us mere mortals just don't see.

On the Field - Home Games - I'll not hide behind the fact that i found us incredible hard to watch earlier in the season and not just the results. We appeared to always set up not to lose rather than win. The ball was often passed sideways or backwards and the opportunity was lost and the move has to start again. Quick ball is essential with this ethos and were weren't quick.
Biggest culprit is Santos who has largely been ineffective this season but excels at passing backwards.
But we have changed, maybe that's due to personnel, McClure, Parker and Fasanmade. In McClure we have a striker who can hold the ball or is able to lay it off and then look for the return.
Parker and Fasanmade have pace and are a lot more direct that Santos, also Bray has been outstanding
Has this been the difference?
Away from home - Not seen many games but we clearly set up to defend then catch them on the break. Happy with that if it brings results.

Will be and interesting preseason on who we keep and who we look to bring in.
Could Tom Smith be tempted away from Barf? Not getting as much game time this year.

Anyway, onto Weymouth, hopefully we don't miss Fasanmade too much. And looking forward to Reg's prediction, Joking Reg ;-)

Board footera