BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

14/3/2023 11:46 PM  #11

Re: Attendance

To answer Toyboy, I know for a fact that all 200 businesses on Bumpers Farm were contacted - you can’t get blood out of a stone.
 The fact we as a club have, relatively successfully, operated in what is realistically the very top of the genuine “non-league” ladder is nothing short of a miracle when you take a step back and analyse it.  Those who have the huge responsibility of running the club deserve all the thanks and support we can muster.
Chippenham people will come out to support the club when there’s something to get excited about and the team is successful (we took around 700 to Burton don’t forget). - this isn’t unique to us, most clubs are the same, people like to get on a bandwagon - there’s one rolling just up the A4 currently.  By and large I think our average attendance is pretty good when you consider the entertainment on show has, until very recently, been pretty grim.  The 600 plus tonight, (a great crowd for a night game, albeit boosted by a decent following from Taunton) were very well entertained and that’ll entice people to want to come again.  

15/3/2023 11:27 AM  #12

Many thanks indeed for clarifying the Bumpers Farm opportunity Inside Left. But in a way your kind response is precisely my point. The club could have informed us fans about this good commercial work. People like to be informed. I thought last night’s game was a cracker, and arguably one of our best performances of the season. Everyone to a man played their part, and Taunton had no reply to our play going forward. I feel I must mention Ross Stearn’s disgraceful goal celebrations to put Taunton ahead. I know every player wants to do well against his former club, but in a way his antics stimulated our lads to provide a top drawer performance - Well Done Boys 🤗🤗

15/3/2023 11:55 AM  #13

I wouldn’t worry about Stearn, way past his best and spent most of the 2nd half complaining about his team mates.

15/3/2023 1:04 PM  #14

He was past it when he joined us, no idea why we signed him up in the first place.

15/3/2023 2:20 PM  #15

toyboy wrote:

But in a way your kind response is precisely my point. The club could have informed us fans about this good commercial work. People like to be informed.

You only need to take one look at the advertisement boards both pitchside and on the exterior stadium facades to be informed of the good commercial work currently going on. You go to some grounds in this division and they barely have more than the league sponsors on show.

I'm not sure I've seen or heard any other club publicially discuss whether commercial targets are being met.

Board footera